review: theBalm Cabana Boy
Posted June 12, 2011on:
this is my first ever blush from theBalm which i got as part of my mini haul which i had posted recently.
cabana boy is described as a muted raspberry pink with very subtle golden sheen.
the color is build-able which is good because the color is sooo pigmented! i would suggest applying this with very light hands… especially for those with fairer skin 🙂
this shade reminds me of nars crazed (can’t compare though coz until now, i cant get my hands on crazed! always out of stock)
what i like:
1. it doesn’t contain paraben. i think most (if not all) of the products from thebalm do not contain paraben – which is good.
2. it is also talc free – good for those with sensitive skin.
3. since you don’t need a lot of product, this blush will last you a long long long long time.
4. i love the packaging! thebalm’s packaging are so cute! very unique 🙂 the only other brand i know that has cute packaging like this is benefit 🙂
5. it’s the perfect blush for red lips! but again, you have to apply very lightly! i like applying with a stippling brush.
6. you get value for your moolah – 8.5g of blush for P850! i think that’s a steal! especially for a high-end brand like thebalm.
what i don’t like:
1. it says shadow/blush on the package… but for the life of me, i can’t imagine myself wearing this as a shadow – it’s too red! i might look like i have a disease or something hehehe.
2. cute as the packaging is, it feels a bit flimsy. made entirely of cardboard. im scared that i might tear the packaging or the cardboard might soften in time.
3. it doesn’t come with a brush so you have to buy a separate brush.
4. not available in all beauty bar branches
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended
i highly recommend this blush for the color, the packaging and most of all the price! i actually got one for my sis (that’s how much i like it). it is also great that the product is paraben and talc free!
for those who are a bit terrified of the color, thebalm actually has other blush colors that you can try. i just personally prefer this color 🙂
thebalm is sold at selected beauty bar outlets
(i’ll post a FOTD by today… will be going to a wedding and already planning to wear this blush)