face of the day – july 10 @ a friend’s wedding…
Posted July 12, 2011on:
attended a good friend’s wedding last sunday and i decided to wear slightly smokey eyes and to focus on my eyes 🙂
and this time around, i think my eyeliner IS crooked bwahahahaha!
Face: Makeup Forever HD foundation, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (to set foundation), TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, NARS Laguna bronzer (contour), MAC peachykeen blush
Eyes: NARS dogon eyeshadow duo, Bobbi Brown Caviar ink gel eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: wet ‘n wild lip liner (natural shade), laura mercier duchess rose, mac clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply timebalm concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.
4. Apply the lighter shade of the Dogon eyeshadow duo all over lid.
5. Apply the darker shade of Dogon on the crease and a little bit over the crease (to emphasize the color). Apply to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend!
6. Apply eyeliner. And remember to fix your eyebrow.
7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
8. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks!
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. Since i am going for the smokey eye effect, i applied a very natural looking blush to balance out the look.
10. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
11. Apply lipstick of your choice. Again, I opted for a natural looking lip color, you want to highlight only one area of your face and not all 🙂
12. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
what do you think?
hope you guys liked this look!