reviews: MAC Semi-Precious Eyeshadows in Faux Gold, Golden Gaze and Rare Find
Posted August 3, 2011on:
Inspired by the naturally beautiful form & mystery of ethically mined minerals from Brazil, these Mineralize formulas get richer with the infusion of four finely milled gems. Like any limited edition, these elements start off rare & tend to get rarer!
sounds interesting right??? i first glimpsed this collection from the mac website – and i couldn’t for this collection to come to manila! the eyeshadows look amazing. i went to the MAC store as soon as i got the text from krisha (of MAC edsa shang) 😀
out of the collection, i only got the 3 eyeshadows that really caught my eye. sadly, at P1250 a pop, i couldn’t afford anything more! teehee.
i have already road tested these eyeshadow for almost 2 weeks and here are my thoughts:
what i like:
1. i cannot over-emphasize that the colors are just BEAUTIFUL! i love all three colors although i think rare find is easily dupe-able.
2. all three colors are easy to apply and blend.
3. golden gaze is soft and almost feels velvety! i looove it! 🙂
4. you can wear these colors alone or paired with other eyeshadows (like dark brown or black to add intensity and depth)
5. though it’s P1250 a pot, i think it’s well worth it. i can’t even imagine ever hitting the pan with these!!!
what i don’t like:
1. lasting power is not as good as the original MAC eyeshadows. i find that these disappear faster.
2. pigmentation is not as good as well. these are best applied wet.
3. tends to have fall outs 😦
mrskendz’ verdict: recommended
having said all that, i would definitely recommend getting faux gold and golden gaze because i find the colors too beautiful to pass! however, i would pass on rare find because im sure there are better eyeshadows out there that are cheaper but have better quality.
there are other eyeshadows in the collection, go check them out and see if you’ll like the other colors. as far as eyeshadows go, i think MAC is still one of the best in the makeup industry 🙂
that’s it for now! will be posting a series of makeup application tips next! 😀