review: tarte amazonian clay blush
Posted August 11, 2011on:
there was a time when all a sudden, most of the makeup gurus i follow in youtube were raving about the same thing – the tarte amazonian clay blush! and being the blush addict that i am, i just had to get my hands on one! (or three) i ordered my amazonian clay blushes online thru fabfinds, and i had to wait for about 2 months but it is finally here! woot!i got three colors… clockwise from upper left – blushing bride, tipsy and natural beaut
here’s a description of the amazonian clay 12-hour blush from the tartecosmetics website:
For those who want an alternative blush to tarte’s award-winning gel and cream cheek stains, we’re now offering Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in 8 shades. Inspired by our best-selling cheek and lip stains, shades range from soft pink (dollface) to deep berry (flush). Used alone or with our best-selling natural cheek stains, this blush is sure to give you that natural glow.
These solar-baked blushes are infused with Amazonian Clay, nature’s most perfect ingredient. These nutrient rich and skin-nourishing Amazonian clay blushes restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day.
sounds too good to be true right? well, here’s what i think…
what i like:
1. the colors do stay on a long time… maybe not full 12-hours but i must say it lasts almost 8 hours.
2. i tend to have oily skin and some blushes tend to turn orangey / brownish on my skin after a period of time. i find that these blushes tend to stay true to their color.
3. super pigmented (especially blushing bride)
4. tipsy is gorgeous on my skin!!! i usually don’t like corally / peachy blushes because they don’t look good on my skin but tipsy is soooo pretty on! works so much better than my nars gina which i decided i didn’t like at all.
5. the blushes are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragance.
what i don’t like:
the only thing i don’t like is… it’s not available here in the philippines! 😦
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended!
these blushes are at par or even better than nars blushes (because of #5 above). i really highly recommend that you try these blushes out. if you are living in the states, visit the nearest sephora store now! 😀 for those living in the philippines, ask someone to buy for your or do what i did, order online 🙂
out of the three, my favorite has to be natural beauty because it gives me a nice rosy flush… my least favorite is blushing bride because it’s a bit harder to apply since it is super pigmented. (i recommend using a stippling brush for this)