review: NARS Funny Face Lipstick
Posted September 6, 2011on:
i bought this lipstick because of this video by eman (a makeup artist based in canada and one of my favorite youtube guru). i just lovveeedd how her lipstick looked! as soon as i saw the video, i texted floe (of essence’s rob place manila) to find out if they had stocks available. lucky me, they had a couple left! 🙂
Description from the NARS website:
NARS Semi Matte Lipstick in Funny Face (a wonderfully fun fuschia)
A modern semi-matte lipstick that provides full-bodied, velvety color in a highly pigmented and non-drying formula.
- Long-wearing, full-coverage finish
- Rich, vivid shade range from neutrals to high-fashion hues
- Patented blend of conditioners and antioxidants hydrate, nourish and protect lips
possible dupes: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuschia (P575) (below, left) although Revlon has a glossier finish.
what i like:
1. the color pay off is amazing! 🙂 it truly gives a full-coverage finish
2. though the formulation is semi-matte, it doesnt dry out my lips…
3. stays on for a long time
4. im in love with the color! it’s fun and bright but not too bright for work. (i’ve tried it at work and to my relief, no one was too shocked with the color.)
5. i can wear this with an almost bare face! the lipstick just brightens up my complexion.
what i don’t like:
1. it’s a bit pricey… at P1,250 per tube, i can’t afford to wear it on a daily basis!
2. i need to retouch/check my lips often especially after eating. or i risk looking weird… like im wearing a bright line around my lips and nothing else. hehe
mrskendz’ verdict: **** (4 out of 5 stars)
i would have given it a 5 out of 5 but it’s just too expensive. but i will keep re-purchasing this when i run out!
i still prefer the finish of NARS Funny Face over Revlon Fuschia because of the opacity and payoff of the color. Revlon goes “sheerer” and doesn’t last as long. But both are great lipsticks! 🙂