Archive for the ‘favorites’ Category
it’s 2012 already! in a few months, my blog will be celebrating it’s first anniversary! yippeeee (hehehe). since i’ve started blogging, i’ve acquired more makeup than i can ever imagine! i know at some point in time, i have to start disposing / selling of some of ’em products. but for the meantime, im still enjoying myself 😀
for my first post for 2012, i’ve decided to create a list of my favorites for 2011… this was a tough job! i had too many beauty products that i had a hard time selecting the best! therefore, for some categories, i had identified two or three products hehe. but here goes:
liquid foundation: NARS sheer glow and Makeup Forever (MUFE) Mat Velvet +
powder foundation: Laura Mercier Powder foundation; MAC studio fix; Pur Minerals 4-1 foundation
face powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
loose powder: Chanel loose powder and Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Powder
undereye concealer: MUFE lift concealer, MAC studio finish concealer
concealer (face): MAC studio finish concealer
liquid eyeliner: majolica majorca perfect automatic liner
gel liner: MAC fluidline
eyeliner pencil: MUFE aqua liner
eyebrow essentials: tony moly retractable pencil, MAC eyeshadow in espresso and MAC brow gel
eyeshadow: MAC eyeshadows in Bronze, Cork, Elektra; Sleek Makeup palettes; and Urban Decay Naked Palette
eyeshadow primer: NARS Smudgeproof eyeshadow primer
eyeshadow base: MAC paintpots
cream shadow: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color
blush (powder): NARS Amour and Deep Throat; Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Blushing Bride
blush (cream): NYX
bronzer: NARS Laguna bronzer
highlighter: NARS copacobanna multiple and illuminator; theBalm loumanizer
lipstick: NARS funny face; Revlon Mauve it Over; MAC Viva Glam I (which i discovered on the last week of 2011!)
lipliner: wetnwild – cheap and nice!
lip gloss: revlon colorburst lipglosses
makeup brushes: SIGMA; ELF brushes (with the black handles)
mascara: maybelline falsies
lash curler: shu uemura
facial wash: OBAGI; BELO bar soap (prescriptives); VMV Hypoallergenics
facial moisturizer: creme de la mer; kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate
sunblock (face): VMV Hypoallergenics armada spf 45 sun protection
toner: burt’s bees rosewater & glycerin toner
eye cream: human heart nature sunflower oil
makeup remover: eyes – laura mercier oil free makeup remover; face – shu uemura cleansing oil
body soap: DOVE bar for sensitive skin
body lotion: cetaphil body lotion and kiehl’s creme de corps
nail polish: OPI and Orly
shampoo: Jurlique (sad they closed the store in GB5) and Pureology
whew! what a list. hope you found this useful! 🙂
sorry i didnt post pictures… it’ll take years for me to complete this post if i include pictures!
happy 2012 everyone! looking forward to a great year ahead!
some of you might have noticed that i have stopped posting monthly favorites… the truth is, it’s hard to do a monthly favorites post because i usually use the same products for my facial care routine or different products for my makeup. so i decided that i’ll post my favorite on an adhoc basis, as and when i think that i have new products that i like that are really worth sharing…
so without further ado, presenting my current favorites:
okay, let’ see… where to start??? hmm… hehhee. i guess let’s do it from left to right (top to bottom) shall we? :p
1. garnier bb light roll-on – i must say… for P299 this has got to be the cheapest and most effective concealer i’ve used! albeit the color is a little too light for me, the coverage is excellent! i like using it as a base for my other concealer for more coverage.
2. time balm (from thebalm) – my primer of choice at the moment. makes my foundation stay put and last longer, it also does control shine and oiliness. im not sure if it’s just me but i feel that with this primer, my pores look less visible.
3. laura mercier dual-action eye makeup remover oil-free – i received a sample size of this from rustan’s and for me, this is the BEST eye makeup remover i have tried so far (better than the chanel or bobbi brown eye makeup remover). i liked it so much, i ended up buying the full size. 🙂
4. nyx cream blush in glow – gives me a nice subtle pinkish flush. easy to apply and lasts all day. good pigmentation.
5. dove go fresh deodorant – smells great and doesn’t cause my underarms to itch! keeps perspiration to a minimum!
6. nars smudge-proof eyeshadow base – for me, hands down, the BEST eye primer in the market! (better than the urban decay one)… almost zero creasing even with the cheapest eyeliner i have!
7. laura mercier face polish – i love using this face scrub two to three times a week to get rid of dead skin cells. the “grains” are very fine and doesn’t feel abrasive nor harsh on the skin
8. mac eyeshadows in espresso and carbon – love using espresso as my eyebrow shader. lasts the whole day. i also use carbon almost every day as base for my eyeliner… (to avoid harsh lines)
9. nars orgasm illuminator – my savior… my skin was filling parched and shallow the past few weeks and this just saved my skin (in a way). i mix it with my foundation for an instant glow! also, i mix it with my thickest foundation (hello you studio fix fluid) to sher out the color and it works wonders!!! 🙂
10. majolica majorca perfect automatic liner – i never thought that i would actually like a liquid eyeliner but i think this is truly truly great! great precision and you can draw thin to thick lines. will do a full review on this. (wait for my next post)
11. armada spf 45 sun protection – i think i have already mentioned this product before. but i really love it. doesn’t feel stick and doesn’t make my skin feel or look oily!
12. kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate – this with my la mer saved my skin and brought by the glow from within (i love my oily skin!!! hahahah) … i use this every other night. just one drop for the entire face. did i mention it’s paraben, fragrance and mineral oil free? (oh and the best thing is that i stole this from my mom! hahaha)
13. burt’s bees rosewater & glycerin toner – the first thing that caught my attention was the packaging. the bottle is just too cute!!! i’ve been using it for more than 4 months i think and im really loving it. doesn’t feel harsh on the skin and it removes and residue after washing my face 🙂
whew, that was a LOT! 🙂
i do hope that you can share your most favorite product with me. i would LOVE to hear from you 🙂
i know i know, it’s almost mid-july but better late than never right? 🙂
1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Rosegold – i am in love with this lipgloss. not just with this color but with the entire range. as of time of post, i already have 4 shades! what’s not to love about it? it has everything you can ask for in a lipgloss – color + shine! plus, it’s not that expensive, it sells for P575 per tube 🙂
2. Nars eyeshadow in Cyprus – lately i’ve been lazy when it comes to eye makeup. most of the time, i skip the whole eyeshadow and eyeliner routine! so this has become my favorite yet again. i just apply this color on my entire lid, line my eyes with a pencil and im done. it’s the fastest way of applying eye makeup! 😀
3. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer in Fawn – aside from my eyes, i have also decided to give my face a break last month. so instead of applying Nars Sheer Glow or other foundation, i just apply this on my face using my fingers and set with powder and i’m done! it’s also good that my face was not acting up last month so i didn’t need too much coverage.
4. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus – this is my powder of choice last month. i used this to set my tinted moisturizer and to touch up my face during the day. it’s not as thick as a foundation but not as drying as a blotting powder.
5. human heart nature sunflower beauty oil – i love love love this oil! i use it for my undereyes, to remove non-waterproof makeup, to soothe itchiness or irritation, on wounds, on dry areas such as knees or elbows. this is the best multi-tasker i have! 🙂 and the best thing about this is that it’s made in the philippines! 😀
6. Jurlique Chamomile Shampoo – i can never sing too much praise for this shampoo. this is by far, the best shampoo i have ever tried! it just makes my hair feel soft yet not limp! i actually feel my hair is much thicker now (or maybe that’s wishful thinking hehehe)
here’s my list of favorite products for the month of May:
1. Nars Sheer Glow in Punjab – used this ALMOST every day in the month of May. love how this foundation makes my skin look healthy and glowing 🙂 i also love the fact that the coverage is not too heavy 🙂
3. Nars Deep Throat / Laguna duo – used laguna EVERY day to contour my face. i love how natural this bronzer looks on my skin. i dont know if it’s because of this bronzer, but a few people from the office commented that my face looked thinner! 😀
deep throat is also a very nice blush… it’s my go to blush when im not sure what blush will look good with my eyeshadow. this duo is always present in my kikay kit 🙂
4. MAC paint pot in painterly and bare study – i encountered a slight accident when i had my eyelashes permed. my eye lid was slightly burned by the medication and it left a slightly dark scar. i used painterly to even out the colors of my lid before applying eyeshadow.
6. Maybelline Falsies Mascara – makes my lashes look thick and it doesn’t smudge at all! the only downside is, i had to buy this at the singapore airport. they dont sell it here in the philippines 😦