Archive for the ‘personal’ Category
is… hot pink or red lips!!!
lately, i’ve gotten more adventurous and i’ve been purchasing lipsticks / lipglosses that are bolder in color. im not really sure i can pull it off, but i just loveee playing with the colors. but i usually dont wear bold colors for work… hehe. i try to stick to more conservative colors at work. i usually play up my lips on weekends or if i’m attending a party.
here are some of the products i got so far… (i have a nyx lipstick coming in tom. cant wait to try that!!!)
MAC Sheen Supreme in Ultra Darling
MAC Sheen Supreme in Insanely It
Prestige Lasting Blossom
MAC Amplified lipstick in Dubonnet
here are some swatches:
i am really loving the dubonnet lipstick 🙂 i think it’s the perfect dark red lipstick for me!! ill pair it with the clear lipglass for more drama 😀 here’s a pic…
what do you think? 🙂
share your favorite red / hot pink lipstick in the comments section!
finally… finally decided to cut my hair. 🙂 for those who know me, i usually wear my hair short, but for a change, i wanted to grow it long.
well… it lasted for almost 6 months! hehe but i had enough. not really liking it anymore. so at the risk of looking rounder (face), i decided to chop it off hehe. i do have a few reasons for doing so…
1. convenience – it was soooo tiresome trying to dry my hair every morning! if i don’t my hair will be flying away in all directions! besides, more often than not, i wear it up in a ponytail anyway… so what’s the point of having a long hair if i can’t wear it down right???
2. hair fall – i’ve noticed that i have more hair fall now than when i was wearing my hair short. my hair is already thin as it is. i don’t want to risk losing more hair!
3. to get rid of bad vibes – superstitious or not, i’ve been having a bad week (refer to previous post) and i was hoping that this new look will help get rid of all the bad vibes. *fingers crossed*
soooo here are some before and after pics. lemme know what you think! 😀
classic example of how much makeup can help enhance your features 😀
makeup by: mrskendz
model: friend of mrskendz
i applied mac studio fix with a damp sponge for a fuller coverage. followed by eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick. i also groomed her eyebrows to better frame her face. i only used basic techniques, i didn’t even contour her face :p
it was loads of fun! i really miss our kikay fest! hehehe
p.s. thanks to my dear friend for allowing me to post these pics! mwahs!
finally decided to start my new beauty blog! 🙂 sooo excited and can’t wait to get going!
first off, a few things i want to share:
1. i am a certified makeup junkie. i spend WAYYYY too much money on makeup. some people might think it unhealthy but for me, i feel happy when i get my hands on new beauty products! especially when i make a good discovery
2. i am not a beauty expert nor a makeup artist – though i am also thinking of taking up formal makeup courses 🙂
3. my opinion is my own – i am not paid to blog. if i do get sponsored in the future, i will make sure to indicate such fact in my blog posts.
4. i believe in the saying “what works for me may not work for you” – i may LOVE a product and you might abhor it. that’s life. please don’t hate me for that.
5. i like trying out new stuff and i don’t mind spending money on stuff i try BUT i also don’t want people judging me based on the amount of money i spend on beauty products therefore, i decided that i will NOT post prices here. use google instead 🙂
6. i have been blogging since 2003 (started in friendster!) and i love blogging. so i think it’s just natural that i combine the two things i love – makeup and blogging 🙂
i hope, really really hope, that you guys enjoy this blog. will try to share as much as i can to be a good beauty blogger 😉