Archive for the ‘reviews’ Category
i’ve been using the naked 2 palette for almost 2 weeks, trying out different looks. before i go into my review, here are some pictures of the naked 2 palette as well as a side by side comparison with the original naked palette:
the colors are absolutely divine! 🙂 i think this is one of the best palette ever created in terms of color combination.
here’s a close up look of the colors:
a side by side comparison with the original naked palette (on top). as you can see, naked 2 is more cool-toned (more pinkish undertones) while the original is warmer (more brown/orange undertones).
what i like:
– lovely lovely colors
– honestly, i dont think you can ever go wrong with urban decay palettes. their eyeshadows are one of the best in the industry (for me). very pigmented and long lasting!
– packaging is sooo much better than the naked palette. i love that this came in a tin container with a larger mirror! the original one was a bit too flimsy for my taste
– i also like that the palette comes with a dual-sided brush (shading and blending). you can get away with using the brush that it comes with 🙂
– colors are suitable for work and for school and very easy to work with
– they added blackout, which is a true matte black! works great wonders in transitioning your eye makeup from day to night look (just add black on the outer v).
what i dont like:
– i find that some of the colors are not as pigmented as i want them to be 😦 works best with primer
– there are just too many shimmery / glittery colors in the palette. i would have preferred if they have added more matte colors in
– some of the shadows are similar or the same as the ones in the naked palette. it would have been better if they created a palette that will compliment the original one (and not look almost the same)
– chopper and YDK (which is a loveeely color) tends to fallout! but i discovered that if you apply primer first, such as NYX jumbo pencils, you get less fall out. oh and also make sure you tap your brush before applying your shadow.
– not much crease color; colors in the palette are more of lid colors
mrskendz’ verdict: ****
as an individual palette (not comparing with the original), ill give this 4 out of 5. why just 4? because i think they could have done better by adding more matte colors for crease. although the colors are pretty, i find that they work best as lid colors. oh and i do find that some shadows (verve and suspect) doesnt really show up nicely unless you have a good base underneath (such as a paintpot or nyx jumbo pencil)
however, i still strongly recommend this especially for people who are just starting playing or using makeup! i survived with this palette alone for two weeks (and i think i can survive for another two weeks). so get your palette now! hurry while supplies last as this beauty is really hard to get by! (got mine from digitaltraincase for P3500)
MAC Painterly paint pot, booty call (lids), tease (crease) and busted (outer v)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yogurt, with YDK (lids) and Busted (crease)
blackout with chopper on top
piston (lids), blackout (crease – very lightly)
suspect (all over)
chopper (lids) and snakebite (crease)
nyx jumbo pencil in french fries and snakebite (all over)
hope you found this post helpful! 🙂 lemme know if you have any question.
as soon as i found out that selected thebalm products were on sale at beautybar, i immediately went for a quick look. most of the products were 40% off!
i actually got a few items and i absolutely LOVE all of them! some of the items i got were these three amazing eyeshadows!
clockwise from top: sexy stacey – a nice grayish-silver, caught in the act courtney – a reddish brown color and all about alex – a golden green color (very unique!)
i really love these eyeshadows! the texture is soft and smooth and it’s very easy to apply and blend out. these shadows are not chalky nor powdery. the pigmentation is superb and the colors are wonderful – very wearable and doesn’t crease! the only thing i don’t like is the packaging. i like that the packaging is earth friendly and biodegradable but on the other hand, it feels so flimsy 😦
oh and did i mention that each shadow costs only P371.25 (original price is P675)????? at 0.12 oz, this has got to be the cheapest shadow i have ever purchased! (they are bigger than MAC shadows!)
here are swatches of the shadows:
see how pigmented these are? the swatches were made with one swipe only!
im not sure up to when the sale will run, but if i were you, i’d head out to your nearest beauty bar to get one or two or three of these shadows!
last December when we went to Hong Kong, one of the things that i got was the bioderma sensibio h20 micelle solution. i have heard raves about this especially from makeup gurus in youtube – so i decided to give it a try.
what it is, is basically a makeup remover in a water based form.
here’s the product description from the BIODERMA website:
• At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).
• Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing.
• Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).
i’ve been using it since December and i must say that this is really one of THE best makeup removers around! i’ve tried all sorts of makeup removers (lancome, chanel, bobbi brown, kiehls, shu uemura) but this by far, is my favorite! HG product indeed.
why? first and foremost – it’s NOT oil based. i hate oil-based makeup removers because the oil tends to migrate to my eyes! oil based removers tend to have their perks – it gets the job done especially in removing waterproof makeup. but this BIODERMA sensibio h20 does exactly that! sans the oil. iiiii loooveeee it!!!!
i got 2 boxes of the 3pc set from watsons hong kong. the set came with 3 bottles in different sizes – a travel size, a 250ml and a 500ml. im sorry i forgot how much it is but i think it’s approximately P1500-P2000. sorry i really forgot to keep the tag.
here’s a road test of the product so you see exactly what i mean:
clean cotton wet with bioderma
crazy looking lady hahaha was trying out different eyeshadows last night 😛 i had on urban decay eyeshadow and mac blacktrack fluidline.
ze cotton after the “clean up”
what i like:
– it really really really removes even the toughest / most waterproof makeup
– a little goes a long way
– it doesnt leave any residue on my skin
– it doesnt make my skin feel dry / irritated. totally not harsh on the skin!
– no pulling of the skin required!!! you just need to gently wipe with a cotton to get the job done
– works on everything – eyes, face and lips
what i don’t like:
– not available in the philippines 😦
– the price is a bit steep but i think this bottle will last me at least 6 months!
mrskendz verdict: *****
truly one of the best makeup remover i have ever tried. i will definitely repurchase everytime i go to singapore or hong kong! will stock up on this for sure! 🙂
i don’t know why i never thought of trying out the red lippies of MAC! i am now hooked with MAC lipsticks all over again! i really really believe that i found my HG red lippy!
here’s me wearing VIVA GLAM I
what i like:
– perfect red lip color for me! i LOVE it soooo much! and i do think this color will suit a lot of skintones!
– although it’s a matte lipstick, it’s not too drying
– makes my teeth look super duper white!
– it stays on your lips for a long time, and even when it fades, it leaves a very nice stain on your lips
– the best part is, ALL proceeds of VIVA GLAM lipsticks go to AIDS fund! (beauty for a cause indeed)
what i don’t like:
mrskendz’ verdict: *****
i really believe this is the BEST red lipstick for my skin tone. it’s full on red but still subdued enough that you can wear everyday (i wear it at work!). it’s not a bright red like russian red, it’s actually more maroonish than bloody red.
really LOVE this and will definitely repurchase!
oh, in case you guys are wondering, here is a list of the other products im wearing:
eyes: MAC club with MAC black fluidline
cheeks – NARS deep throat (the red lip color made it look more red than pink in the picture!)
introducing Laura Mercier’s Caviar Stick Eye Colour
this is one of the products that i have never heard of until i tried it over the counter. none of the youtube gurus that i follow has ever used this product before… and i wonder why not?
description from the laura mercier website:
Inspired by Laura Mercier’s cult classic Caviar Eye Liner, Caviar Stick Eye Colour offers a new technique to enhance the smoky eye look. In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smoky eye. Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant. The colour glides onto lids and blends easily with a rich colour payoff.
with one swipe directly from pen (see how pigmented these are???)
slightly blended out:
from left to right: khaki, jungle, amethyst, cocoa and plum
what i like:
– one word to describe these – amazeballs! it is truly long-wearing (i had it on and went to the gym. it was still in-tact after an hour of core training and an hour of zumba!) and crease-resistant.
– these are so versatile… you can use them on their own or as shadow base.
– very pigmented! you need a tiny bit for your entire eye! a little truly goes a long way
– the colors are basic colors that will suit most skin tone
– no need to sharpen these sticks, you just need to twist up and down
what i don’t like:
– once applied, it only takes like 5 seconds before it becomes smudge-proof… blend immediately.
one of my most favorite beauty product at the moment. i will definitely re-purchase when i finish one. i most especially LOVE the cocoa color – it’s what i used for this FOTW >>> https://kikaykendz.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/fotw-21-oct-2011/
among the high end brands, MAC’s eyeshadows are the best priced for the quality they give. definitely a bang for your buck! At P900, I think each pot will last you for almost a year (yes even with daily use). my first ever MAC shadow was waaaayyy back in college and until now, i still have a love affair with them 🙂
what i like about MAC eyeshadows are:
– MOST of the MAC eyeshadows are highly-pigmented so you really need just a touch for each application. for added intensity, the shadows can be applied with a wet brush.
– MAC eyeshadows come in different finishes such as FROST, Veluxe, Veluxe Pearl, Satin, Matte and Lustre.
i have to say though that i am NOT a fan of the FROST finishes which have chunky glitters on them… i feel that those are more prone to fall outs that the rest of the finishes.
– there is a HUGE number of colors to choose from.
what i don’t like:
– not all colors are carried here in the philippines *boo!*
– some of the best colors were released as limited edition!
– 3 words – out.of.stock which happens most of the time (here in the ph)
presenting my MAC eyeshadow collection… 😀
from left to right: shroom, rice paper, brule, woodwinked, wedge
from left to right: amber lights, patina, bronze, mulch and cork
from left to right: gorgeous gold, espresso, carbon
i separated these colors because i use espresso and carbon almost everyday while the gold just seems out of place :p
my top 5 favorites from the entire collection would have to be:
espresso, carbon, patina, sketch and woodwinked! 😀
my next step is to transfer the eyeshadow into my MAC 15-palette pan! hehe wish me luck!!!
until next time! ohhhh and please drop by soon for my give-away! 😀
The new Revlon Colorbust Lipglosses (P575 at all leading drugstores or department stores) are so lovely to look at! The colors are all sooo wonderful. To be honest, I started with one lipgloss and because i loved it so much, I added a few more to my collection 🙂
Description from the website:
Lips that shine with killer color. This weightless gloss makes lips pop with 5X more shine than patent leather
A pop of weightless color with vivid, mirror-like shine. Outshines everything but you!
•Micro-crystal formula for 5X the shine of patent leather
•Plush applicator shaped to curves of your lips for smooth, even application of color
•Revlon ColorBurst’s Elasticolor™ technology for rich color with a weightless feel
•Moisturizers and anti-oxidants such as sweet almond oil and vitamin E conditions and improves lip texture
•Available in 15 vibrant, on-trend shades
what i like:
– feels weightless on the lips compared to other lipglosses i have tried.
– not so sticky nor tacky
– pigmented enough to wear alone (except for gold dust which i like to apply over lipstick)
– all colors can be worn on top of lipsticks for added oomph or to “color correct”
– each gloss comes in .20fl oz. that’s one of the biggest tube of gloss i’ve ever seen
– the applicator is really nice and really adapts to the curves of your lips
– does not dry my lips, lips feel smoothr
what i don’t like:
– it has a certain smell and taste that some people might not like
– it’s not as long lasting as i want it to be
– you need at least two swipes to get an even application
– some of the colors are actually sheerer / lighter as compared to how they look in the tube
mrskendz’ verdict: **** (4 out of 5 stars)
for those who love lipglosses, i would recommend these… the price is really unbeatable and the colors are nice as well! i will definitely purchase more if they release new colors 🙂