Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
i’ve decided to move this blog and merge it with my more personal one (easier to manage that way).
please continue to support me and this blog by visiting: http://mrskendz.com/
thank you soo much!
I went to dashing diva earlier to get my nails done (finally!)
I like dashing diva. Im amazed at the number of concoctions that they apply to the nails. Plus i love the fact that the tools they use are sterilized prior to every use! Fast service too! The only downside is, a lot of times, it’s fully booked. So your safest bet is to book in advance.
I opted to try one of the newest nail polish i got from rustans essences – deborah lippmann’s bad romance. And i must say i really really like it! I dont have anything quite like it.
I like the chunky glitters! So happy i got this color. Although a bit pricey 😦 will post an update on how long it lasts on my nails 🙂
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Pure Matte Lipsticks: Bright. Bold. Perfectly matte. This super-rich lipstick provides high-impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.
Valparaiso: Rich raspberry
if you are a regular reader, you’d know that im obsessed with bold lip colors! 😀
i wasnt really planning to purchase this lipstick (because i seriously have too much lipsticks!!!) but when i tried it, i immediately said “yes!”
isn’t it preeetyyyy??? 🙂 i don’t think i own anything like it. the nearest i can think of is NARS funny face, but that’s more fuschia and this is a true raspberry color!
here’s me wearing it:
what i like:
– love the color! bold yet not too bright. really wearable. will suit most skin types
– i like the packaging. unlike most lipsticks, this comes in a tiny (thin) packaging that is perfect to carry around
– a true matte lipstick, if you’re a matte fan, you will definitely love this
– the lipstick has very tiny subtle silver specks in it which makes it look like it has a sheen when you put it on
– very opaque and long lasting
– color is build-able depending on your taste (sheer to opaque)
what i don’t like:
– tends to emphasize the lines and flakes in my lips. i dont have dry lips but i feel that i need to apply balm before applying this lipstick.
– expensive @ P1450 each 😦
– it’s limited edition. came out as part of the Spring 2012 collection
mrskendz verdict: ****
a bit conflicted… dont know if i want to give a 3 or 4 star rating… i admit im NOT a fan of matte lipsticks but i sooo love the color. but, for P1450, i think it’s a wee too expensive.
overall, i think because of the color, the opaque-ness and the longevity, i will give it a 4 star.
since this is really a “splurge”, i urge you to try it on at NARS counters prior to buying. but it really is truly a nice color 🙂
I just realized that i bought a number of items from @digitaltraincase over the past few weeks! Hehe im in makeup heaven right now 🙂
Aside from the nail polishes i got (refer to previous post), i also got my hands on the urban decay (UD) naked 2 palette!!!
Ive been playing with it the entire week, testing and trying to figure out if i like it as much as the original Naked palette… We’ll see… Ill post a full review next. But on top my head i can say that Naked 2 is more cool toned while the original is warmer. Also, as pretty as the colors are, i think the shadows in naked 2 are great as lid colors… But not for contouring / crease color.
Here’s my FOTD using the naked 2:
Koh den goh aqua foundation
Mac studio finish concealer in nw25
Mac mineralize skin finish natural
Mac espresso on brows
Mac blush in peachykeen
UD naked 2 (piston and blackout)
Mac cosmo lipstick
Mac viva glam VI lipglass
Recently bought two new nailpolishes from @digitaltraincase. I think it’s from the OPI muppets collection (ill have to double check though) hehe
I got two shades, one in designer… de-better and the other one is pepe’s purple passion 🙂
Here’s a pic of designer… De-better on my nails. Too bad my iphone cant capture it’s beauty! The polish is silvery/taupe with light pink and silver glitters. It’ SUPER nice in person!!
I dont usually wear platinum/silver colors on my nail but this color is just too nice! Dunchathink? 😉
Ill use purple passion next 🙂
last December when we went to Hong Kong, one of the things that i got was the bioderma sensibio h20 micelle solution. i have heard raves about this especially from makeup gurus in youtube – so i decided to give it a try.
what it is, is basically a makeup remover in a water based form.
here’s the product description from the BIODERMA website:
• At the cutting edge of innovation, BIODERMA has pioneered micellar solutions. Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up.
The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH).
• Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing.
• Sensibio H2O guarantees excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance (tested under ophthalmological supervision).
i’ve been using it since December and i must say that this is really one of THE best makeup removers around! i’ve tried all sorts of makeup removers (lancome, chanel, bobbi brown, kiehls, shu uemura) but this by far, is my favorite! HG product indeed.
why? first and foremost – it’s NOT oil based. i hate oil-based makeup removers because the oil tends to migrate to my eyes! oil based removers tend to have their perks – it gets the job done especially in removing waterproof makeup. but this BIODERMA sensibio h20 does exactly that! sans the oil. iiiii loooveeee it!!!!
i got 2 boxes of the 3pc set from watsons hong kong. the set came with 3 bottles in different sizes – a travel size, a 250ml and a 500ml. im sorry i forgot how much it is but i think it’s approximately P1500-P2000. sorry i really forgot to keep the tag.
here’s a road test of the product so you see exactly what i mean:
clean cotton wet with bioderma
crazy looking lady hahaha was trying out different eyeshadows last night 😛 i had on urban decay eyeshadow and mac blacktrack fluidline.
ze cotton after the “clean up”
what i like:
– it really really really removes even the toughest / most waterproof makeup
– a little goes a long way
– it doesnt leave any residue on my skin
– it doesnt make my skin feel dry / irritated. totally not harsh on the skin!
– no pulling of the skin required!!! you just need to gently wipe with a cotton to get the job done
– works on everything – eyes, face and lips
what i don’t like:
– not available in the philippines 😦
– the price is a bit steep but i think this bottle will last me at least 6 months!
mrskendz verdict: *****
truly one of the best makeup remover i have ever tried. i will definitely repurchase everytime i go to singapore or hong kong! will stock up on this for sure! 🙂
I love having manicures and pedicures done! I feel so sophisticated when i have nice polished nails 🙂 So i thought, id post pictures of my freshly done nails so i can share with you.
My nails at the moment are polished with orly’s quite contrary berry. It’s not my normal color – i usually like red tips. But for a change, i decided to go for this purple-ish/fuschia hue which im really loving 🙂
I didnt take a pic of my toenails because i forgot to ask what color they used!!! Hahaha ill remember next time 🙂
What about you? Whats on your nails at the moment? 🙂