Posts Tagged ‘bobbi brown’
i swear this is the last of the smokey eyes series 😀
silvery blue smokey eyes with pink lips 🙂
(oh and yes i am wearing the same shirt as FOTD 19 Dec… hehe was trying on the shirt that day hehe)
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in OC-2
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC25
Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Powder
Tony Moly Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
MAC Espresso Eyeshadow (to set the pencil)
MAC Blacktrack gel liner (i lined the inner rims as well)
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Nars Multiple in Portofino
Sleek Storm Palette
used (1) all over the lids, (2) at the crease and a little of (3) on the outer corner of the eyes
Bobbi Brown Pink Mod Lipstick
with funny face lipstick (sorry if the pic is a bit blurred)
laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer in fawn
pur 4-in-1 foundation
bobbi brown eyeshadow in java (used as in eyebrow and in crease)
MAC gorgeous gold (all over lids)
NARS Laguna bronzer
NARS deep throat
NARS funny face
garnier instant fairness bb eye roll-on
please let me know your comments! 🙂
hi gals!!! im back! i had such a great time in Cebu and Davao! can’t believe that my one week holiday is over! boohoo… but i had a blast! i will create a blog about our cebu vacation and will post that on my other site 🙂
for now, i just wanted to share what i usually pack when i go on a vacation. although i am a certified makeup junkie, i tend to get lazy when im on a vacation. usually ill just put on blush and be on my way. but i do take a few things with me “just in case”. 😀
so here’s a low-down of what i pack and take with me (note: the brand / color may differ, but most of the time, the type of makeup i bring is the same)
1. makeup brushes / laura mercier brush set – i love this set for traveling! most the the brushes are double-ended so i get two brushes in one! i got this as a gift for my birthday last year 🙂
2. concealer / garnier skin naturals light bb instant fairness bb eye roll-on (P299)- i got this when we dropped by watson’s in cebu… i didn’t think that i would like it but i must say it does a great job in covering my dark circles! will do a complete review soon. (yes yes, i have a looonngg backlog of reviews to do. sorry sorry!)
3. eyebrow pencil or dark eyeshadow / bobbi brown metallic eyeshadow in java – got this waaayyy back when i was still living in singapore and i forgot how much it costs (i think more or less P1200). i like this shadow because i can use it as my eyebrow shade, eyeshadow or eyeliner 🙂 multi-purpose products are a must when you’re going on a trip.
4. eyeshadow / MAC mix&match eye shadow (P1200) – i’m into goldish-orange eyeshadows now so i decided to bring this one… usually, ill pack one or two eyeshadows which i think will coordinate (does NOT have to match) with most of the clothes that i’ll bring. i actually ended using the lighter shade more. just a sweep of color on my lids and eyeliner! :p
5. powder blush / tarte amazonian clay blush – since i know that i will be visiting a very humid place, i opted to bring a matte and long-lasting blush so that i don’t have to touch up my face during the day. (not a fan of touching up my face, most especially when it’s all greasy from facial oil or perspiration)
6. cream or blush stain / smashbox cream cheek duo – OR most of the time, i just put on a cream / stain blush because it’s easier to apply. if i want my blush to stick around longer, a trick i do is i apply my cream blush and then apply powder blush on top (for longer lasting power :))
7. tinted moisturizer / laura mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer – i tend to stray away from my liquid foundations when im going on a vacation because (i) it’s not easy to bring around, most of my liquid foundations are in a bottle and i always worry that it might break when i put it in my luggage! or (ii) i just couldn’t be bothered :p that’s what i like about tinted moisturizers, i just apply and blend with my fingers and im done! fast.easy.convenient.
8. powder foundation / pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup – another product that i am loving! again, will post a separate review on this… but the reason i bring a powder foundation is for those times when i feel that i need extra coverage or for those times when we suddenly decide that we want to eat at a fancy restaurant… :p
9. waterproof eyeliner / makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil – waterproof is the magic word 🙂 humid weather is the number one enemy of all eyeliners… so it’s best to bring around the best smudge-proof eyeliner you have.
so there you have it! 🙂 hope you liked this post. please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions / comments.
will be doing back to back reviews soon. i have sooo many things to review! :S
good night everyone! and i hope you have a great week ahead!
just came back from a wedding and wanted to share my LOTD 🙂
Face: Makeup Forever HD foundationin 123, MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural, TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, laura mercier secret brightening powder, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Nars Laguna Bronzer and TheBalm Cabana Boy
Eyes: NARS Cyprus, NARS Cordura, Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in caviar ink and Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Dubonnet and MAC clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with finishing powder. (You can skip this step if you are using powder foundation)
4. Apply Cyprus all over lid (talukap ng mata). Apply the light brown shade of Cordura on the crease area to give more definition.
5. Apply the darker brown shade of Cordura to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend!
6. Apply eyeliner. And remember to fix your eyebrow.
7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
8. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks! to illustrate…
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. As I am going to use red lipstick, I made sure that i only applied a sheer layer of the cabana boy blush.
10. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
11. Apply lipstick of your choice.
12. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
Hope you liked this look! 🙂
Congratulations and Best Wishes to the newlyweds!
good night folks and happy independence day philippines!!!
*argh! so stupid!!! i didn’t realize that i had over-written my old post!!! dumb dumb*
i’ve listed down the bare essentials to get your makeup kits started. i have also included product recommendations for each category 🙂
1. foundation / tinted moisturizer – foundation can make or break your entire look. a good foundation can work wonders on your face! it can help even out your skin tone, hide redness and conceal blemishes. on the other hand, a wrong foundation may make you look clownish or can accentuate flakiness of your skin. choosing the right foundation may be tricky… trust me – i know. i went thru sooo many foundations before i found the perfect one for me. i will post a separate blog to share tips on how to select the perfect foundation for your skin type. 🙂
if you have good clear skin (inggit!), you can skip foundation and opt for tinted moisturizer or powder instead. tinted moisturizer usually gives a more sheer / lighter coverage but still helps to even out your skin tone. while powders help control shine.
mrskendz recommends: MAC Studio Fix, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Makeup Forever HD Foundation and Nars Sheer Glow (ranges from P1500 to P2300)
2. eyelash curler – curling your lashes can help instantly brighten up your face and make you look awake! 🙂 invest in a good curler, you definitely don’t want to get curlers that can pull out your lashes *ouch*
mrskendz recommends: shu uemura eyelash curler (a cult favorite) or shiseido eyelash curler (P1000+ each)
3. concealer – for me, a must have because i have very dark undereye circles (boohoo). concealing dark circles under your eyes can make you look less tired in an instant! also you can also use concealer to cover pimple spots or scars.
mrskendz recommends: MAC studio finish spf 35 concealer for blemishes and makeup forever lift concealer for undereye (i am still in the process of testing several undereye concealers… will share my reviews when ready)
4. blush – if i have to go out with only one make up on, i would put on BLUSH. a good blush in the right shade can instantly make anyone appear healthier and younger.
mrskendz recommends: NARS blushes and Bobbi Brown blushes hands down are the BEST blushes out there. (around P1350 each)
5. tinted lip balm – hitting two birds with one stone… with a tinted lip balm, you’re adding oomph to your lips while at the same time, taking care of them as well.
mrskendz recommends: human heart nature’s tinted lip balm sheer up soother (P69.75)
so now you’re all set 🙂 hope this post helped you guys! if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!
stay tuned for more tips and tricks… im just warming up! hihihi