Posts Tagged ‘cabana boy’
just came back from a wedding and wanted to share my LOTD 🙂
Face: Makeup Forever HD foundationin 123, MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural, TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, laura mercier secret brightening powder, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Nars Laguna Bronzer and TheBalm Cabana Boy
Eyes: NARS Cyprus, NARS Cordura, Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in caviar ink and Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Dubonnet and MAC clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with finishing powder. (You can skip this step if you are using powder foundation)
4. Apply Cyprus all over lid (talukap ng mata). Apply the light brown shade of Cordura on the crease area to give more definition.
5. Apply the darker brown shade of Cordura to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend!
6. Apply eyeliner. And remember to fix your eyebrow.
7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
8. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks! to illustrate…
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. As I am going to use red lipstick, I made sure that i only applied a sheer layer of the cabana boy blush.
10. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
11. Apply lipstick of your choice.
12. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
Hope you liked this look! 🙂
Congratulations and Best Wishes to the newlyweds!
good night folks and happy independence day philippines!!!
this is my first ever blush from theBalm which i got as part of my mini haul which i had posted recently.
cabana boy is described as a muted raspberry pink with very subtle golden sheen.
the color is build-able which is good because the color is sooo pigmented! i would suggest applying this with very light hands… especially for those with fairer skin 🙂
this shade reminds me of nars crazed (can’t compare though coz until now, i cant get my hands on crazed! always out of stock)
what i like:
1. it doesn’t contain paraben. i think most (if not all) of the products from thebalm do not contain paraben – which is good.
2. it is also talc free – good for those with sensitive skin.
3. since you don’t need a lot of product, this blush will last you a long long long long time.
4. i love the packaging! thebalm’s packaging are so cute! very unique 🙂 the only other brand i know that has cute packaging like this is benefit 🙂
5. it’s the perfect blush for red lips! but again, you have to apply very lightly! i like applying with a stippling brush.
6. you get value for your moolah – 8.5g of blush for P850! i think that’s a steal! especially for a high-end brand like thebalm.
what i don’t like:
1. it says shadow/blush on the package… but for the life of me, i can’t imagine myself wearing this as a shadow – it’s too red! i might look like i have a disease or something hehehe.
2. cute as the packaging is, it feels a bit flimsy. made entirely of cardboard. im scared that i might tear the packaging or the cardboard might soften in time.
3. it doesn’t come with a brush so you have to buy a separate brush.
4. not available in all beauty bar branches
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended
i highly recommend this blush for the color, the packaging and most of all the price! i actually got one for my sis (that’s how much i like it). it is also great that the product is paraben and talc free!
for those who are a bit terrified of the color, thebalm actually has other blush colors that you can try. i just personally prefer this color 🙂
thebalm is sold at selected beauty bar outlets
(i’ll post a FOTD by today… will be going to a wedding and already planning to wear this blush)