Posts Tagged ‘dubonnet’
Posted September 8, 2011on:
the other day, i saw this video in tanya burr’s youtube page (pixi2woo) and i had a blast watching them!!! 😀 the video was funny and sweet at the same time… and i wondered if hubby can actually do my makeup! so that night, as soon as we saw each other, i told him that he was going to do my makeup – and he gamely said okay! 🙂
i believe my hubby is “well-informed” when it comes to makeup… im 100% sure that he knows what eyeshadows, blushes or lipsticks are for! 🙂 i guess it’s because most of the time, he accompanies me when i buy my makeup or maybe because he is my #1 critic – i would always ask him how my makeup looks and he’d comment things like “you need more blush” hehe.
so what we did was, i asked him to go over my makeup stash and choose (i) eyeshadow, (ii) blush and (iii) lipstick. he had a hard time at first coz, admittedly, my makeup was all over the place hahaha he’d open a drawer and see blushes and eyeshadows stored together – it was his worst nightmare! (my hubby is a bit OC)
so he asked me “where are your nars products?” (my hubby knows nars!!! how COOL is that?) so i pointed the right drawer to him… he went thru all my nars stuff and chose rajasthan (eyeshadow) and torrid (blush). then i gave him my lipstick container for him to choose from. he then said “i want a red lipstick” so i showed him two red lipsticks and he chose MAC dubonnet (one of my all- time favorites)!!!
here’s comes the fun part – the makeup application! it was hilarious!!!! my hubby kept talking in english and pretended to be gay the ENTIRE time. i was laughing sooo hard but he kept reprimanding me and telling me NOT TO LAUGH because HE CANT APPLY THE MAKEUP PROPERLY. lol. it was really fun and im soooo happy that my hubby was sooo game! 🙂
here’s the end result:
BUT the end result did look GOOD didn’t it??? 😀 i actually liked it!!!
although…i do think he needs to learn how to apply lipstick properly… LOL
oh and by the way, he nearly destroyed my lipstick! LOL he almost recapped without retracting the lipstick! i was like: “NOOOOOO” hahahhaa.
the eyeshadow was okay for me 🙂 needs a bit more blending – but for a first-timer, i think he did great 😀
it was loads of fun!!!! 😀 i actually video-taped the entire process so that i’d have a souvenir!
i tag everyone who is reading this post… hope you have as much fun as we did! 🙂
just came back from a wedding and wanted to share my LOTD 🙂
Face: Makeup Forever HD foundationin 123, MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural, TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, laura mercier secret brightening powder, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Nars Laguna Bronzer and TheBalm Cabana Boy
Eyes: NARS Cyprus, NARS Cordura, Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner in caviar ink and Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Dubonnet and MAC clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with finishing powder. (You can skip this step if you are using powder foundation)
4. Apply Cyprus all over lid (talukap ng mata). Apply the light brown shade of Cordura on the crease area to give more definition.
5. Apply the darker brown shade of Cordura to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend!
6. Apply eyeliner. And remember to fix your eyebrow.
7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
8. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks! to illustrate…
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. As I am going to use red lipstick, I made sure that i only applied a sheer layer of the cabana boy blush.
10. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
11. Apply lipstick of your choice.
12. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
Hope you liked this look! 🙂
Congratulations and Best Wishes to the newlyweds!
good night folks and happy independence day philippines!!!