Posts Tagged ‘f80’
there are no hard and fast rules in applying foundation… there are TONS of ways! you can use all sorts of beauty tools (as pictured below) or even your hands! i went to a nars workshop recently and marco, NARS international trainer / artist, used his hands to apply liquid foundation on the model – it was actually interesting to see, he looked like a kid playing with paint! 🙂
here are the tools that i prefer using, clockwise from left: muji‘s pack of sponges ( i love these makeup sponges… they’re soft and non-abrasive to the skin), beauty blender (i got this from fabfinds, price available upon request from seller), MAC 190 brush, MAC 187 brush and Sigma F80 brush
note: always clean your brushes (and beauty blender) after every use to avoid bacteria buildup. beauty blenders can be used up to a period of 3 months. sponges should be thrown out after 3 uses (my own limit hehe)
here are my tips when applying liquid foundation…
1. “dot” foundation on areas like your forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks.
2. use the tool of your choice to blend the foundation – make sure to blend properly to avoid streaks / uneven application
3. add foundation as necessary especially on areas which need more coverage
4. set with powder of choice (optional – for dry skin, you may skip this step)
here’s a short video i created to illustrate the steps above (except #4). i used my MAC studio fix foundation and my sigma F80 (flat top synthetic kabuki brush).
and yes, i was wearing my pjs! LOL i can only blog at night so usually im wearing sleeping attire :p
read up on my tips on how to find the right foundation here. 🙂
hope you liked these tips!
the first brush set i got from Sigma was the Synthetic Face Kit, and from then on, i got hooked with Sigma Brushes! (i have 3 sets now) they are really high-quality brushes at an affordable price!
From Sigma: The Synthetic Face Kit contains three face brushes for high definition, flawless makeup application. The brushes in this collection feature exclusive Synthetic filament, specially designed to apply powder and liquid products without absorption into the fibers. The shape, density and height of the filaments were carefully engineered to perfectly buff products onto the skin, resulting in a high definition effect.
The F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush is perfect for applying and blending liquid, cream, and powder products onto the skin. The flat surface allows perfect buffing with flawless results. Features synthetic Sigmax HD fibers.
see how amazingly dense the brush is??? i super love using this brush! though it’s made of synthetic material, it doesn’t feel harsh on the face at all! 🙂 actually all three products are really dense which is awesome!
The F82 Round Top Kabuki brush simplifies precise makeup application under the eyes and around the nose. This brush is also perfect for achieving flawless coverage using liquid and powder products. Features synthetic Sigmax HD fibers.
i love using this for applying cream based blushes such as my NARS multiple. i don’t use it often with powder brushes though… i find it hard to blend out the color of the powder blush with this brush.
what i like:
– these brushes are really of high quality and i love the fact that it’s not so expensive!
– great for applying liquid and cream products; makes foundation application truly fool-proof
– gives a very flawless finish
– because of the density of the brushes, you don’t waste any product because it doesn’t get absorbed in the brush (as compared to using sponge applicators)
– i have washed these brushes several times and i have not gotten any fall outs yet! it’s truly amazing
– really really feels smooth on the face
– sigma ships internationally! so you can order your brush online!
what i don’t like:
though there are some sigma brushes that i don’t particularly care for (will get to that soon), that is not the case for this set. i love love love every thing about this set! i haven’t owned anything like this before and these are definitely going to be a staple in my kit!
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended!
i am soooo glad i discovered sigma! they are heaven sent! now i don’t have to spend sooo much for high quality brushes.
if you are skeptic and you don’t want to pay for all three brushes, i highly recommend that you get the F80 flat top brush. i believe that is the best brush in the set and can be used for different purpose as well 🙂
hope you guys liked this review… i have 2 more sigma brush sets to review so stay tuned!