Posts Tagged ‘kiehl’s’
I have very fine and thin hair and im scared of what my hair might look like when i get older. Thats also one reason why i keep my hair relatively short – because everytime i see hair fall, i freak out!
I also refrain from blow drying my hair and using unnecessary products. I only condition my hair once or twice a week. Reason? Because i feel that the more i condition my hair, the more i get hair fall. 😦
Right now, here’s what i use on my hair:
This is a vegan shampoo meaning no ingredients were derived from animals plus it’s organic too! My mom got this at benchfix and i asked her if i can have it! 🙂 i think each bottle is around P800 to P1000.
Since i have very fine hair, i need shampoo that adds volume else my hair looks so flat and lifeless. This shampoo is great because it doesnt make my hair too oily nor too dry. Even when i use the conditioner, my hair still has volume and feels super soft!
Kielh’s Super Thick Volumizer
This is best voluminizer ive ever tried. Had this for several years already. I dont use it all the time, but i feel that with my current hair style, added volume is a must. I spray this on my damp hair (after i get out of the shower), comb and im good to go 🙂
Sometimes when i have extra time, i fan -dry my hair 🙂
Other tips i have are:
– do not brush your hair when it’s wet, air it out or wait for it to dry a bit… brushing wet hair can cause breakage
– massage your scalp rather than scrubbing, when shampoo-ing
– my friends from Singapore told me NOT to wash my hair everyday to make it healthier and less oily. i think in the US, most people do this as well… i try to do this when i had longer hair. BUT i use dry shampoo on days when i DONT wash my hair 🙂 here’s my brand of choice (too bad they dont have this in the Philippines. i hoard when i go to SG hehehe)
Klorane Dry Shampoo
Thats about it. As ive said i try to keep simple and try not to use a lot of products 🙂
So whats your special hair product?
posting my updated skin care routine, for those who might be interested 🙂
just a background, i have always had problematic skin… i still do. so i take extra care of my skin. my main motto is that i don’t sleep with makeup on – no matter how tired i may feel, i always always make it a point to remove all traces of makeup from my face. i owe that to my skin :p
so what is my skin care routine? pretty simple actually. i follow the cleanse, tone and moisturize process.
during the morning:
(1) i wash my face using OBAGI facial wash;
(2) after drying my face with facial tissue – i gently pat my face with burt’s bees toner to start my day right;
(3) i then follow this with sunflower oil for my undereyes;
(4) and creme de la mer all over my face. i stopped using la mer for a while because i wanted to try organic moisturizers. i only started reusing la mer when we went to HK last december (it was freezing cold) – and i fell back in love :). there is truly nothing else like it; and
(5) after i moisturize, i put on sunblock (which i forgot to take a picture of!). i currently use vmv hypoallergenics face and body sunblock in spf 60. i use sunblock EVERYDAY – no matter what im planning to do that day.
for my night time routine:
(1) i use my bioderma sensibio h20 to remove my makeup;
(2) afterwhich, i wash my face with obagi facial wash using clarisonic mia to exfoliate my skin. this has really really helped with my skin problems! i feel like my pore has become smaller and my face smoother. will post a complete review of the clarisonic mia soon.
(3) i pat my skin dry and then apply burt’s bees toner;
(4) followed with sunflower oil for my undereyes;
(5) i then apply kiehl’s midnight recovery serum all over my face. during nights when my face feel extra dry, i put la mer on top for extra moisture.
also, twice a week, i use my laura mercier nail polish to slough off dead skin cells around my nose area – which my clarisonic mia can’t reach. 🙂
so there, i hope you find this post useful. 🙂 it really makes a difference when you take care of your skin. you only have one face… and once it’s “Destroyed” there is no turning back – so start taking care of it now! 🙂