Posts Tagged ‘Laura Mercier’
summer is here! it’s time for those “waterproof” makeup to take the limelight 😉
sharing my favorite products that i usually take with me and wear when i go to the beach. NOT all at the same time ok? haha
for eyebrows, i like to use my K-palette real lasting eyebrow liner because it really lasts a long time and usually doesnt budge! i usually don’t wear eyeliner if i know im hitting the water, but for lounging and what not, i sometimes do. i prefer the MUFE aqua eyes (in dark purple) because it looks less over the top (what? you’re wearing make up to the beach?) and really highlights my brown eyes. but if im going clubbing and i know ill be sweating in the humid beach weather, i like to wear my k-palette real lasting eyeliner 🙂
for cheeks – as you know i loveeee me my blushes 🙂 there are times where i skip all makeup and just wear blush to the beach. here are my favorites bench’s pretty when pinched cheek & lip tint (cheap and very effective), benetint’s benefit (the MOST coveted lip & cheek tint), tarte lip & cheek stains – i like this because they are easy to carry around. you dont have to worry about breaking the glass (unlike bench and benetint). and it’s sooo easy to use. you just need to swipe and blend blend blend!, theblam stainiac – perfect for carrying around because of the size! very travel friendly. although i find this harder to work with compared to the others.
im obsessed with lipstains at the moment! i’ve tried the one from covergirl, but i must say that these are so much better! it doesn’t taste like ink (like covergirl) plus it comes with a lip balm. the problem i had with covergirl was it look a bit patchy sometimes and it can be too drying. these lip stains from revlon are awesome!!!!! 🙂 very pigment, build-able and definitely lasts a long time.
i usually skip foundation / tinted moisturizer but sometimes, SOMETIMES, my vanity gets the best of me 🙂 my choice of products are the laura mercier tinted moisturizer and MUFE mat velvet+ (which says it’s water resistant). both products are oil free. let’s face it… lounging around under the sun will make you oily so you DONT need extra oil 😉
well that’s basically it! 🙂 oh i make it a point to wear lots of sunscreen.
hope you girls find this post useful. my nxt post will be a FOTD using these products.
oh and wish me luck… going for our teambuilding tom… paintballing! im scared!!!
where to get the products:
pretty when pinched – all bench outlets
benefit benetint – greenbelt 5
mufe – boni high street or shangri-la plaza
laura mercier – essences
thebalm stainiac and k-palette – beauty bar
tarte (available abroad)
revlon just bitten – department stores or drug stores
one fine night, while waiting for hubby at the office (this was wayyy beyond working hours – just so you know teeheee), i decided to play with my naked 2 palette. i remember watching a tutorial on smokey eyes on youtube and decided to give it a go.
just a background – i rarely wear smokey eyes, i feel that with my dark circles and eye bags, it doesnt really look nice on me. so i try to steer clear from smokey eyes (especially black color).
anyway, here’s the end result:
please ignore the red spots on face. was extremely PMS-ing and my foundation has worn off. didn’t retouch my foundation. just powdered my face and that’s it 🙂
closeup on the eyes:
chanel vitalumiere foundation
MAC studio finish concealer in nw25 (undereyes)
MAC studio finish concealer in nc35 (on face)
Laura mercier mineral pressed powder in rich vanilla
MAC espresso on brows
NARS luster blush
UD naked 2 (blackout and chopper)
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Mac Hug Me lipstick
Mac viva glam VI lipglass
so what do you think? 🙂 hubby seems to like it sooo might be doing more smokey eye looks. but of course cant wear this at work! haha it’s just too much. 😉
feel free to leave a comment if you have questions 😀
it’s 2012 already! in a few months, my blog will be celebrating it’s first anniversary! yippeeee (hehehe). since i’ve started blogging, i’ve acquired more makeup than i can ever imagine! i know at some point in time, i have to start disposing / selling of some of ’em products. but for the meantime, im still enjoying myself 😀
for my first post for 2012, i’ve decided to create a list of my favorites for 2011… this was a tough job! i had too many beauty products that i had a hard time selecting the best! therefore, for some categories, i had identified two or three products hehe. but here goes:
liquid foundation: NARS sheer glow and Makeup Forever (MUFE) Mat Velvet +
powder foundation: Laura Mercier Powder foundation; MAC studio fix; Pur Minerals 4-1 foundation
face powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
loose powder: Chanel loose powder and Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Powder
undereye concealer: MUFE lift concealer, MAC studio finish concealer
concealer (face): MAC studio finish concealer
liquid eyeliner: majolica majorca perfect automatic liner
gel liner: MAC fluidline
eyeliner pencil: MUFE aqua liner
eyebrow essentials: tony moly retractable pencil, MAC eyeshadow in espresso and MAC brow gel
eyeshadow: MAC eyeshadows in Bronze, Cork, Elektra; Sleek Makeup palettes; and Urban Decay Naked Palette
eyeshadow primer: NARS Smudgeproof eyeshadow primer
eyeshadow base: MAC paintpots
cream shadow: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color
blush (powder): NARS Amour and Deep Throat; Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Blushing Bride
blush (cream): NYX
bronzer: NARS Laguna bronzer
highlighter: NARS copacobanna multiple and illuminator; theBalm loumanizer
lipstick: NARS funny face; Revlon Mauve it Over; MAC Viva Glam I (which i discovered on the last week of 2011!)
lipliner: wetnwild – cheap and nice!
lip gloss: revlon colorburst lipglosses
makeup brushes: SIGMA; ELF brushes (with the black handles)
mascara: maybelline falsies
lash curler: shu uemura
facial wash: OBAGI; BELO bar soap (prescriptives); VMV Hypoallergenics
facial moisturizer: creme de la mer; kiehl’s midnight recovery concentrate
sunblock (face): VMV Hypoallergenics armada spf 45 sun protection
toner: burt’s bees rosewater & glycerin toner
eye cream: human heart nature sunflower oil
makeup remover: eyes – laura mercier oil free makeup remover; face – shu uemura cleansing oil
body soap: DOVE bar for sensitive skin
body lotion: cetaphil body lotion and kiehl’s creme de corps
nail polish: OPI and Orly
shampoo: Jurlique (sad they closed the store in GB5) and Pureology
whew! what a list. hope you found this useful! 🙂
sorry i didnt post pictures… it’ll take years for me to complete this post if i include pictures!
happy 2012 everyone! looking forward to a great year ahead!
i swear this is the last of the smokey eyes series 😀
silvery blue smokey eyes with pink lips 🙂
(oh and yes i am wearing the same shirt as FOTD 19 Dec… hehe was trying on the shirt that day hehe)
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in OC-2
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC25
Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Powder
Tony Moly Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
MAC Espresso Eyeshadow (to set the pencil)
MAC Blacktrack gel liner (i lined the inner rims as well)
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Nars Multiple in Portofino
Sleek Storm Palette
used (1) all over the lids, (2) at the crease and a little of (3) on the outer corner of the eyes
Bobbi Brown Pink Mod Lipstick
introducing Laura Mercier’s Caviar Stick Eye Colour
this is one of the products that i have never heard of until i tried it over the counter. none of the youtube gurus that i follow has ever used this product before… and i wonder why not?
description from the laura mercier website:
Inspired by Laura Mercier’s cult classic Caviar Eye Liner, Caviar Stick Eye Colour offers a new technique to enhance the smoky eye look. In a range of eight beautiful shades, this creamy formula provides endless options for a flawless smoky eye. Each convenient stick is long-wearing, transfer- and crease-resistant. The colour glides onto lids and blends easily with a rich colour payoff.
with one swipe directly from pen (see how pigmented these are???)
slightly blended out:
from left to right: khaki, jungle, amethyst, cocoa and plum
what i like:
– one word to describe these – amazeballs! it is truly long-wearing (i had it on and went to the gym. it was still in-tact after an hour of core training and an hour of zumba!) and crease-resistant.
– these are so versatile… you can use them on their own or as shadow base.
– very pigmented! you need a tiny bit for your entire eye! a little truly goes a long way
– the colors are basic colors that will suit most skin tone
– no need to sharpen these sticks, you just need to twist up and down
what i don’t like:
– once applied, it only takes like 5 seconds before it becomes smudge-proof… blend immediately.
one of my most favorite beauty product at the moment. i will definitely re-purchase when i finish one. i most especially LOVE the cocoa color – it’s what i used for this FOTW >>> https://kikaykendz.wordpress.com/2011/10/24/fotw-21-oct-2011/
with funny face lipstick (sorry if the pic is a bit blurred)
laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer in fawn
pur 4-in-1 foundation
bobbi brown eyeshadow in java (used as in eyebrow and in crease)
MAC gorgeous gold (all over lids)
NARS Laguna bronzer
NARS deep throat
NARS funny face
garnier instant fairness bb eye roll-on
please let me know your comments! 🙂
hi gals!!! im back! i had such a great time in Cebu and Davao! can’t believe that my one week holiday is over! boohoo… but i had a blast! i will create a blog about our cebu vacation and will post that on my other site 🙂
for now, i just wanted to share what i usually pack when i go on a vacation. although i am a certified makeup junkie, i tend to get lazy when im on a vacation. usually ill just put on blush and be on my way. but i do take a few things with me “just in case”. 😀
so here’s a low-down of what i pack and take with me (note: the brand / color may differ, but most of the time, the type of makeup i bring is the same)
1. makeup brushes / laura mercier brush set – i love this set for traveling! most the the brushes are double-ended so i get two brushes in one! i got this as a gift for my birthday last year 🙂
2. concealer / garnier skin naturals light bb instant fairness bb eye roll-on (P299)- i got this when we dropped by watson’s in cebu… i didn’t think that i would like it but i must say it does a great job in covering my dark circles! will do a complete review soon. (yes yes, i have a looonngg backlog of reviews to do. sorry sorry!)
3. eyebrow pencil or dark eyeshadow / bobbi brown metallic eyeshadow in java – got this waaayyy back when i was still living in singapore and i forgot how much it costs (i think more or less P1200). i like this shadow because i can use it as my eyebrow shade, eyeshadow or eyeliner 🙂 multi-purpose products are a must when you’re going on a trip.
4. eyeshadow / MAC mix&match eye shadow (P1200) – i’m into goldish-orange eyeshadows now so i decided to bring this one… usually, ill pack one or two eyeshadows which i think will coordinate (does NOT have to match) with most of the clothes that i’ll bring. i actually ended using the lighter shade more. just a sweep of color on my lids and eyeliner! :p
5. powder blush / tarte amazonian clay blush – since i know that i will be visiting a very humid place, i opted to bring a matte and long-lasting blush so that i don’t have to touch up my face during the day. (not a fan of touching up my face, most especially when it’s all greasy from facial oil or perspiration)
6. cream or blush stain / smashbox cream cheek duo – OR most of the time, i just put on a cream / stain blush because it’s easier to apply. if i want my blush to stick around longer, a trick i do is i apply my cream blush and then apply powder blush on top (for longer lasting power :))
7. tinted moisturizer / laura mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer – i tend to stray away from my liquid foundations when im going on a vacation because (i) it’s not easy to bring around, most of my liquid foundations are in a bottle and i always worry that it might break when i put it in my luggage! or (ii) i just couldn’t be bothered :p that’s what i like about tinted moisturizers, i just apply and blend with my fingers and im done! fast.easy.convenient.
8. powder foundation / pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup – another product that i am loving! again, will post a separate review on this… but the reason i bring a powder foundation is for those times when i feel that i need extra coverage or for those times when we suddenly decide that we want to eat at a fancy restaurant… :p
9. waterproof eyeliner / makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil – waterproof is the magic word 🙂 humid weather is the number one enemy of all eyeliners… so it’s best to bring around the best smudge-proof eyeliner you have.
so there you have it! 🙂 hope you liked this post. please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions / comments.
will be doing back to back reviews soon. i have sooo many things to review! :S
good night everyone! and i hope you have a great week ahead!