Posts Tagged ‘Natural Beauty’
there was a time when all a sudden, most of the makeup gurus i follow in youtube were raving about the same thing – the tarte amazonian clay blush! and being the blush addict that i am, i just had to get my hands on one! (or three) i ordered my amazonian clay blushes online thru fabfinds, and i had to wait for about 2 months but it is finally here! woot!i got three colors… clockwise from upper left – blushing bride, tipsy and natural beaut
here’s a description of the amazonian clay 12-hour blush from the tartecosmetics website:
For those who want an alternative blush to tarte’s award-winning gel and cream cheek stains, we’re now offering Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in 8 shades. Inspired by our best-selling cheek and lip stains, shades range from soft pink (dollface) to deep berry (flush). Used alone or with our best-selling natural cheek stains, this blush is sure to give you that natural glow.
These solar-baked blushes are infused with Amazonian Clay, nature’s most perfect ingredient. These nutrient rich and skin-nourishing Amazonian clay blushes restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day.
sounds too good to be true right? well, here’s what i think…
what i like:
1. the colors do stay on a long time… maybe not full 12-hours but i must say it lasts almost 8 hours.
2. i tend to have oily skin and some blushes tend to turn orangey / brownish on my skin after a period of time. i find that these blushes tend to stay true to their color.
3. super pigmented (especially blushing bride)
4. tipsy is gorgeous on my skin!!! i usually don’t like corally / peachy blushes because they don’t look good on my skin but tipsy is soooo pretty on! works so much better than my nars gina which i decided i didn’t like at all.
5. the blushes are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragance.
what i don’t like:
the only thing i don’t like is… it’s not available here in the philippines! 😦
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended!
these blushes are at par or even better than nars blushes (because of #5 above). i really highly recommend that you try these blushes out. if you are living in the states, visit the nearest sephora store now! 😀 for those living in the philippines, ask someone to buy for your or do what i did, order online 🙂
out of the three, my favorite has to be natural beauty because it gives me a nice rosy flush… my least favorite is blushing bride because it’s a bit harder to apply since it is super pigmented. (i recommend using a stippling brush for this)
i posted a pic in my personal account in FB yesterday and i can’t believe the amount of likes it got! 😀
here’s the picture: (i forgot to bring my camera so i had to use my BB! sowee)
Face: TheBalm Face Primer, Makeup Forever HD foundation, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (to set foundation), TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Java (used as eyebrow shader), NARS Laguna bronzer (contour), Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty, TheBalm Mary-lou Manizer
Eyes: MAC eyeshadows in Patina, Rice Paper and Golden Gaze (semi-precious collection), Nars Cordura, Bobbi Brown Caviar ink gel eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Cosmo lipstick and clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply timebalm concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.
4. Apply Patina all over the lids.
5. Apply Rice Paper at the inner corners of your eye.
6. Apply the darker shade of Cordura on the crease and a little bit over the crease (to emphasize the color). Blend well.
7. Apply Golden Gaze to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend! Also, apply to the outer half of your lower lashes (to emphasize the shape of your eyes)
8. Apply eyeliner on your top lashes, wing out a bit for more drama.
9. Waterline your eyes (top and bottom).
10. Fix your eyebrows, i emphasized the arch of my brows to (hopefully) make my face look leaner.
11. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
12. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks!
13. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. Since i am going for the smokey eye effect, i applied a very natural looking blush to balance out the look.
14. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
15. Apply lipstick of your choice. Again, I opted for a natural looking lip color, you want to highlight only one area of your face and not all
16. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
i really like this kind of look although it does take a lot of work, especially the eye makeup! 😀
BTW the dress, i got from mango :p
hope you guys liked this look!