Posts Tagged ‘Tarte’
summer is here! it’s time for those “waterproof” makeup to take the limelight 😉
sharing my favorite products that i usually take with me and wear when i go to the beach. NOT all at the same time ok? haha
for eyebrows, i like to use my K-palette real lasting eyebrow liner because it really lasts a long time and usually doesnt budge! i usually don’t wear eyeliner if i know im hitting the water, but for lounging and what not, i sometimes do. i prefer the MUFE aqua eyes (in dark purple) because it looks less over the top (what? you’re wearing make up to the beach?) and really highlights my brown eyes. but if im going clubbing and i know ill be sweating in the humid beach weather, i like to wear my k-palette real lasting eyeliner 🙂
for cheeks – as you know i loveeee me my blushes 🙂 there are times where i skip all makeup and just wear blush to the beach. here are my favorites bench’s pretty when pinched cheek & lip tint (cheap and very effective), benetint’s benefit (the MOST coveted lip & cheek tint), tarte lip & cheek stains – i like this because they are easy to carry around. you dont have to worry about breaking the glass (unlike bench and benetint). and it’s sooo easy to use. you just need to swipe and blend blend blend!, theblam stainiac – perfect for carrying around because of the size! very travel friendly. although i find this harder to work with compared to the others.
im obsessed with lipstains at the moment! i’ve tried the one from covergirl, but i must say that these are so much better! it doesn’t taste like ink (like covergirl) plus it comes with a lip balm. the problem i had with covergirl was it look a bit patchy sometimes and it can be too drying. these lip stains from revlon are awesome!!!!! 🙂 very pigment, build-able and definitely lasts a long time.
i usually skip foundation / tinted moisturizer but sometimes, SOMETIMES, my vanity gets the best of me 🙂 my choice of products are the laura mercier tinted moisturizer and MUFE mat velvet+ (which says it’s water resistant). both products are oil free. let’s face it… lounging around under the sun will make you oily so you DONT need extra oil 😉
well that’s basically it! 🙂 oh i make it a point to wear lots of sunscreen.
hope you girls find this post useful. my nxt post will be a FOTD using these products.
oh and wish me luck… going for our teambuilding tom… paintballing! im scared!!!
where to get the products:
pretty when pinched – all bench outlets
benefit benetint – greenbelt 5
mufe – boni high street or shangri-la plaza
laura mercier – essences
thebalm stainiac and k-palette – beauty bar
tarte (available abroad)
revlon just bitten – department stores or drug stores
hi gals!!! im back! i had such a great time in Cebu and Davao! can’t believe that my one week holiday is over! boohoo… but i had a blast! i will create a blog about our cebu vacation and will post that on my other site 🙂
for now, i just wanted to share what i usually pack when i go on a vacation. although i am a certified makeup junkie, i tend to get lazy when im on a vacation. usually ill just put on blush and be on my way. but i do take a few things with me “just in case”. 😀
so here’s a low-down of what i pack and take with me (note: the brand / color may differ, but most of the time, the type of makeup i bring is the same)
1. makeup brushes / laura mercier brush set – i love this set for traveling! most the the brushes are double-ended so i get two brushes in one! i got this as a gift for my birthday last year 🙂
2. concealer / garnier skin naturals light bb instant fairness bb eye roll-on (P299)- i got this when we dropped by watson’s in cebu… i didn’t think that i would like it but i must say it does a great job in covering my dark circles! will do a complete review soon. (yes yes, i have a looonngg backlog of reviews to do. sorry sorry!)
3. eyebrow pencil or dark eyeshadow / bobbi brown metallic eyeshadow in java – got this waaayyy back when i was still living in singapore and i forgot how much it costs (i think more or less P1200). i like this shadow because i can use it as my eyebrow shade, eyeshadow or eyeliner 🙂 multi-purpose products are a must when you’re going on a trip.
4. eyeshadow / MAC mix&match eye shadow (P1200) – i’m into goldish-orange eyeshadows now so i decided to bring this one… usually, ill pack one or two eyeshadows which i think will coordinate (does NOT have to match) with most of the clothes that i’ll bring. i actually ended using the lighter shade more. just a sweep of color on my lids and eyeliner! :p
5. powder blush / tarte amazonian clay blush – since i know that i will be visiting a very humid place, i opted to bring a matte and long-lasting blush so that i don’t have to touch up my face during the day. (not a fan of touching up my face, most especially when it’s all greasy from facial oil or perspiration)
6. cream or blush stain / smashbox cream cheek duo – OR most of the time, i just put on a cream / stain blush because it’s easier to apply. if i want my blush to stick around longer, a trick i do is i apply my cream blush and then apply powder blush on top (for longer lasting power :))
7. tinted moisturizer / laura mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer – i tend to stray away from my liquid foundations when im going on a vacation because (i) it’s not easy to bring around, most of my liquid foundations are in a bottle and i always worry that it might break when i put it in my luggage! or (ii) i just couldn’t be bothered :p that’s what i like about tinted moisturizers, i just apply and blend with my fingers and im done! fast.easy.convenient.
8. powder foundation / pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup – another product that i am loving! again, will post a separate review on this… but the reason i bring a powder foundation is for those times when i feel that i need extra coverage or for those times when we suddenly decide that we want to eat at a fancy restaurant… :p
9. waterproof eyeliner / makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil – waterproof is the magic word 🙂 humid weather is the number one enemy of all eyeliners… so it’s best to bring around the best smudge-proof eyeliner you have.
so there you have it! 🙂 hope you liked this post. please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions / comments.
will be doing back to back reviews soon. i have sooo many things to review! :S
good night everyone! and i hope you have a great week ahead!
there was a time when all a sudden, most of the makeup gurus i follow in youtube were raving about the same thing – the tarte amazonian clay blush! and being the blush addict that i am, i just had to get my hands on one! (or three) i ordered my amazonian clay blushes online thru fabfinds, and i had to wait for about 2 months but it is finally here! woot!i got three colors… clockwise from upper left – blushing bride, tipsy and natural beaut
here’s a description of the amazonian clay 12-hour blush from the tartecosmetics website:
For those who want an alternative blush to tarte’s award-winning gel and cream cheek stains, we’re now offering Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in 8 shades. Inspired by our best-selling cheek and lip stains, shades range from soft pink (dollface) to deep berry (flush). Used alone or with our best-selling natural cheek stains, this blush is sure to give you that natural glow.
These solar-baked blushes are infused with Amazonian Clay, nature’s most perfect ingredient. These nutrient rich and skin-nourishing Amazonian clay blushes restore harmony for a flawless finish that lasts all day.
sounds too good to be true right? well, here’s what i think…
what i like:
1. the colors do stay on a long time… maybe not full 12-hours but i must say it lasts almost 8 hours.
2. i tend to have oily skin and some blushes tend to turn orangey / brownish on my skin after a period of time. i find that these blushes tend to stay true to their color.
3. super pigmented (especially blushing bride)
4. tipsy is gorgeous on my skin!!! i usually don’t like corally / peachy blushes because they don’t look good on my skin but tipsy is soooo pretty on! works so much better than my nars gina which i decided i didn’t like at all.
5. the blushes are formulated without mineral oil, parabens, petrolatum, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate and synthetic fragance.
what i don’t like:
the only thing i don’t like is… it’s not available here in the philippines! 😦
mrskendz’ verdict: highly recommended!
these blushes are at par or even better than nars blushes (because of #5 above). i really highly recommend that you try these blushes out. if you are living in the states, visit the nearest sephora store now! 😀 for those living in the philippines, ask someone to buy for your or do what i did, order online 🙂
out of the three, my favorite has to be natural beauty because it gives me a nice rosy flush… my least favorite is blushing bride because it’s a bit harder to apply since it is super pigmented. (i recommend using a stippling brush for this)
i posted a pic in my personal account in FB yesterday and i can’t believe the amount of likes it got! 😀
here’s the picture: (i forgot to bring my camera so i had to use my BB! sowee)
Face: TheBalm Face Primer, Makeup Forever HD foundation, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (to set foundation), TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Java (used as eyebrow shader), NARS Laguna bronzer (contour), Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty, TheBalm Mary-lou Manizer
Eyes: MAC eyeshadows in Patina, Rice Paper and Golden Gaze (semi-precious collection), Nars Cordura, Bobbi Brown Caviar ink gel eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Cosmo lipstick and clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply timebalm concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.
4. Apply Patina all over the lids.
5. Apply Rice Paper at the inner corners of your eye.
6. Apply the darker shade of Cordura on the crease and a little bit over the crease (to emphasize the color). Blend well.
7. Apply Golden Gaze to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend! Also, apply to the outer half of your lower lashes (to emphasize the shape of your eyes)
8. Apply eyeliner on your top lashes, wing out a bit for more drama.
9. Waterline your eyes (top and bottom).
10. Fix your eyebrows, i emphasized the arch of my brows to (hopefully) make my face look leaner.
11. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
12. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks!
13. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. Since i am going for the smokey eye effect, i applied a very natural looking blush to balance out the look.
14. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
15. Apply lipstick of your choice. Again, I opted for a natural looking lip color, you want to highlight only one area of your face and not all
16. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
i really like this kind of look although it does take a lot of work, especially the eye makeup! 😀
BTW the dress, i got from mango :p
hope you guys liked this look!