Posts Tagged ‘UD naked palette 2’
one fine night, while waiting for hubby at the office (this was wayyy beyond working hours – just so you know teeheee), i decided to play with my naked 2 palette. i remember watching a tutorial on smokey eyes on youtube and decided to give it a go.
just a background – i rarely wear smokey eyes, i feel that with my dark circles and eye bags, it doesnt really look nice on me. so i try to steer clear from smokey eyes (especially black color).
anyway, here’s the end result:
please ignore the red spots on face. was extremely PMS-ing and my foundation has worn off. didn’t retouch my foundation. just powdered my face and that’s it 🙂
closeup on the eyes:
chanel vitalumiere foundation
MAC studio finish concealer in nw25 (undereyes)
MAC studio finish concealer in nc35 (on face)
Laura mercier mineral pressed powder in rich vanilla
MAC espresso on brows
NARS luster blush
UD naked 2 (blackout and chopper)
MAC Blacktrack fluidline
Mac Hug Me lipstick
Mac viva glam VI lipglass
so what do you think? 🙂 hubby seems to like it sooo might be doing more smokey eye looks. but of course cant wear this at work! haha it’s just too much. 😉
feel free to leave a comment if you have questions 😀
i’ve been using the naked 2 palette for almost 2 weeks, trying out different looks. before i go into my review, here are some pictures of the naked 2 palette as well as a side by side comparison with the original naked palette:
the colors are absolutely divine! 🙂 i think this is one of the best palette ever created in terms of color combination.
here’s a close up look of the colors:
a side by side comparison with the original naked palette (on top). as you can see, naked 2 is more cool-toned (more pinkish undertones) while the original is warmer (more brown/orange undertones).
what i like:
– lovely lovely colors
– honestly, i dont think you can ever go wrong with urban decay palettes. their eyeshadows are one of the best in the industry (for me). very pigmented and long lasting!
– packaging is sooo much better than the naked palette. i love that this came in a tin container with a larger mirror! the original one was a bit too flimsy for my taste
– i also like that the palette comes with a dual-sided brush (shading and blending). you can get away with using the brush that it comes with 🙂
– colors are suitable for work and for school and very easy to work with
– they added blackout, which is a true matte black! works great wonders in transitioning your eye makeup from day to night look (just add black on the outer v).
what i dont like:
– i find that some of the colors are not as pigmented as i want them to be 😦 works best with primer
– there are just too many shimmery / glittery colors in the palette. i would have preferred if they have added more matte colors in
– some of the shadows are similar or the same as the ones in the naked palette. it would have been better if they created a palette that will compliment the original one (and not look almost the same)
– chopper and YDK (which is a loveeely color) tends to fallout! but i discovered that if you apply primer first, such as NYX jumbo pencils, you get less fall out. oh and also make sure you tap your brush before applying your shadow.
– not much crease color; colors in the palette are more of lid colors
mrskendz’ verdict: ****
as an individual palette (not comparing with the original), ill give this 4 out of 5. why just 4? because i think they could have done better by adding more matte colors for crease. although the colors are pretty, i find that they work best as lid colors. oh and i do find that some shadows (verve and suspect) doesnt really show up nicely unless you have a good base underneath (such as a paintpot or nyx jumbo pencil)
however, i still strongly recommend this especially for people who are just starting playing or using makeup! i survived with this palette alone for two weeks (and i think i can survive for another two weeks). so get your palette now! hurry while supplies last as this beauty is really hard to get by! (got mine from digitaltraincase for P3500)
MAC Painterly paint pot, booty call (lids), tease (crease) and busted (outer v)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yogurt, with YDK (lids) and Busted (crease)
blackout with chopper on top
piston (lids), blackout (crease – very lightly)
suspect (all over)
chopper (lids) and snakebite (crease)
nyx jumbo pencil in french fries and snakebite (all over)
hope you found this post helpful! 🙂 lemme know if you have any question.
I just realized that i bought a number of items from @digitaltraincase over the past few weeks! Hehe im in makeup heaven right now 🙂
Aside from the nail polishes i got (refer to previous post), i also got my hands on the urban decay (UD) naked 2 palette!!!
Ive been playing with it the entire week, testing and trying to figure out if i like it as much as the original Naked palette… We’ll see… Ill post a full review next. But on top my head i can say that Naked 2 is more cool toned while the original is warmer. Also, as pretty as the colors are, i think the shadows in naked 2 are great as lid colors… But not for contouring / crease color.
Here’s my FOTD using the naked 2:
Koh den goh aqua foundation
Mac studio finish concealer in nw25
Mac mineralize skin finish natural
Mac espresso on brows
Mac blush in peachykeen
UD naked 2 (piston and blackout)
Mac cosmo lipstick
Mac viva glam VI lipglass