Posts Tagged ‘Urban decay’
i’ve been using the naked 2 palette for almost 2 weeks, trying out different looks. before i go into my review, here are some pictures of the naked 2 palette as well as a side by side comparison with the original naked palette:
the colors are absolutely divine! 🙂 i think this is one of the best palette ever created in terms of color combination.
here’s a close up look of the colors:
a side by side comparison with the original naked palette (on top). as you can see, naked 2 is more cool-toned (more pinkish undertones) while the original is warmer (more brown/orange undertones).
what i like:
– lovely lovely colors
– honestly, i dont think you can ever go wrong with urban decay palettes. their eyeshadows are one of the best in the industry (for me). very pigmented and long lasting!
– packaging is sooo much better than the naked palette. i love that this came in a tin container with a larger mirror! the original one was a bit too flimsy for my taste
– i also like that the palette comes with a dual-sided brush (shading and blending). you can get away with using the brush that it comes with 🙂
– colors are suitable for work and for school and very easy to work with
– they added blackout, which is a true matte black! works great wonders in transitioning your eye makeup from day to night look (just add black on the outer v).
what i dont like:
– i find that some of the colors are not as pigmented as i want them to be 😦 works best with primer
– there are just too many shimmery / glittery colors in the palette. i would have preferred if they have added more matte colors in
– some of the shadows are similar or the same as the ones in the naked palette. it would have been better if they created a palette that will compliment the original one (and not look almost the same)
– chopper and YDK (which is a loveeely color) tends to fallout! but i discovered that if you apply primer first, such as NYX jumbo pencils, you get less fall out. oh and also make sure you tap your brush before applying your shadow.
– not much crease color; colors in the palette are more of lid colors
mrskendz’ verdict: ****
as an individual palette (not comparing with the original), ill give this 4 out of 5. why just 4? because i think they could have done better by adding more matte colors for crease. although the colors are pretty, i find that they work best as lid colors. oh and i do find that some shadows (verve and suspect) doesnt really show up nicely unless you have a good base underneath (such as a paintpot or nyx jumbo pencil)
however, i still strongly recommend this especially for people who are just starting playing or using makeup! i survived with this palette alone for two weeks (and i think i can survive for another two weeks). so get your palette now! hurry while supplies last as this beauty is really hard to get by! (got mine from digitaltraincase for P3500)
MAC Painterly paint pot, booty call (lids), tease (crease) and busted (outer v)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Yogurt, with YDK (lids) and Busted (crease)
blackout with chopper on top
piston (lids), blackout (crease – very lightly)
suspect (all over)
chopper (lids) and snakebite (crease)
nyx jumbo pencil in french fries and snakebite (all over)
hope you found this post helpful! 🙂 lemme know if you have any question.
since Christmas is literally around the corner (!!!) i decided to post daily makeup pics to give you gals ideas on what makeup you can wear for those parties that you’re attending 🙂
i’ll TRY to make these as vast as possible – ranging from natural, smokey or glittery eyes. i might also be playing with colors a bit. 🙂 im sooo excited! 😀
starting off with green smokey eyes… i usually wear brown or neutral shadows so playing with colors has been really fun! 😀
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in OC-2
thebalm time balm in medium
Tony Moly eyebrow pencil (brown)
MAC espresso eyeshadow (to set brows)
Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV – colors used: Bender, Cobra (outer V) and Lost (transition color / crease color)
MAC blacktrack gel liner
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Stila Self-adjusting Coral blush
Nars Super Orgasm Lipgloss
Went to Singapore last week of October for work… Of course, I didnt pass up the chance to visit Sephora at Ion Orchard. 🙂
Here’s what i got:
1. clarisonic mia – because of this i got a $40 voucher which i used to buy the UD baked bronzer with!
2. benefit christmas gift set – set includes primer, mini foundation and the famous benetint (i actually got another set, but gave to a good friend of mine :))
3. Urban Decay book of shadows – this is soooo cool!!! 🙂 i got a mini UD speaker with it!
4. a lot of FREE sephora primer
5. free lip gloss
6. eye lashes 😀 hope to use them for our christmas party next week!
7. Urban Decay Primer Potion – got it free because i got another $40 voucher
8. Urban Decay Bronzer – free 🙂
from the haul, i’ve only used the clarisonic mia. i must say, it’s not as harsh as i expected! i actually expected that my face will feel raw after using it. not the case at all 🙂 my skin feels soooo soft and smooth afterwards 🙂
im back! 😀
sorry i didn’t have time to post this last week, but better late than never right? 😉
nars sheer glow foundation in punjab (which i think is a little too light on me now)
garnier Light BB Eye roll-on
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
MUFE HD blush in #7
NARS Deep Throat
Majolica Majorca Liquid Perfect Automatic Liner (liquid) in black
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara
MAC Espresso (used in brows)
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Blush
NARS Angelika Lipgloss
lol this is going to be hilarious!!!
i tried taking step by step pictures of how i apply my eye makeup almost everyday but it was too darn difficult! so i ended up taking a video instead! :p nope. i have no plans of being a youtube makeup guru, i think that’s a tough job. i think ill stick to blogging, hehe :p
p.s. forgive the messy hair
p.p.s. im not saying this is the best way to apply eyeshadow, but this is the method i use almost every day… i just change up the colors a bit 🙂 i usually line my eyes, curl my lashes and apply mascara, apply concealer afterwards – ill do separate tutorials on that. baby steps… baby steps 🙂
anyway, here are the products that i used for this video:
I used the colors Sin (for the lid area), Buck (for crease area) and Smog (for the outer V section).
simple steps to follow:
1. prime your eyelids with your favorite primer – i used ELF eye primer & liner sealer (P249.75 from watson’s) as primer and MAC Bare Study as base (this step is optional – i just like using primer to make my eyeshadow last longer)
2. i dabbed Sin using the MAC 252 brush all over my lid area
3. i used MAC 217 with Buck and swiped in my crease area (in a window wiper motion). blend out the edges to avoid harsh lines
for beginners, you can stop at this point and either line your eyes next or curl lashes and apply mascara. but for those who want to add more drama proceed to step #4 🙂
4. Using the same brush (MAC 217), i dabbed a bit of Smog in the outer > area of my lids, this will help give more dimension. Remember to blend blend blend to avoid harsh lines! 🙂
for a more dramatic look, you can highlight your brow bone, highlight the inner rims of your eyes and also apply eyeshadow on your lower lash line. i skipped those part because i wanted to show basic way of applying eyeshadow 🙂
here’s the video so you can see what i’m talking about :p
so there you have it. hope this has been helpful to you guys. let me know if you guys want more posts like this. but first, i need to get a tripod for my camera and second, i have to fix the lighting in my “blogging area” hehe.
went out to celebrate my aunt’s birthday today! 🙂 decided to play up my lips by wearing a hot pink lipstick! (picture taken at almost 12 mn! didnt do any touchup except for the lipstick hehe)
Face: Makeup Forever HD foundation set with MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural, The Balm TimeBalm in mid-medium, Nars Laguna Bronzer for contouring and Nars Blush in Sin
Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Eye Palette (my current favorite!!!) colors used: Half Baked, Dark Horse and Buck, Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 19 (purple color eye liner) and Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: Nars Schiap Lipstick with Revlon Colorburst Gloss in Gold Dust (to lessen the intensity of the pink – my hubby almost fainted first time he saw me with bright pink lips! hahaha)
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage.
2. Apply concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with finishing powder. (You can skip this step if you are using powder foundation)
4. Apply gold eyeshadow all over lid (talukap ng mata). And a light brown shade on the crease area to give more definition.
5. Apply dark brown shade to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend! 🙂
6. Apply eyeliner. And remember to fix your eyebrow.
7. Curl your lashes and apply mascara! 🙂
8. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks! to illustrate…
9. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. Tip: Smile and apply blush to the highest points of your face. Be careful not to apply too much blush. You want a natural looking flush!
10. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
11. Apply lipstick of your choice. 🙂 For a more natural look, you can skip the hot pink lips and apply natural color lipstick instead as such:
12. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips! 🙂
Hope you liked this look! 🙂
Please let me know what looks or tips you want me to post in this blog and ill try my best to accommodate!