Posts Tagged ‘valparaiso’
Pure Matte Lipsticks: Bright. Bold. Perfectly matte. This super-rich lipstick provides high-impact payoff: an ultra-pigmented, long-wearing formula that glides on effortlessly with comfortable wear.
Valparaiso: Rich raspberry
if you are a regular reader, you’d know that im obsessed with bold lip colors! 😀
i wasnt really planning to purchase this lipstick (because i seriously have too much lipsticks!!!) but when i tried it, i immediately said “yes!”
isn’t it preeetyyyy??? 🙂 i don’t think i own anything like it. the nearest i can think of is NARS funny face, but that’s more fuschia and this is a true raspberry color!
here’s me wearing it:
what i like:
– love the color! bold yet not too bright. really wearable. will suit most skin types
– i like the packaging. unlike most lipsticks, this comes in a tiny (thin) packaging that is perfect to carry around
– a true matte lipstick, if you’re a matte fan, you will definitely love this
– the lipstick has very tiny subtle silver specks in it which makes it look like it has a sheen when you put it on
– very opaque and long lasting
– color is build-able depending on your taste (sheer to opaque)
what i don’t like:
– tends to emphasize the lines and flakes in my lips. i dont have dry lips but i feel that i need to apply balm before applying this lipstick.
– expensive @ P1450 each 😦
– it’s limited edition. came out as part of the Spring 2012 collection
mrskendz verdict: ****
a bit conflicted… dont know if i want to give a 3 or 4 star rating… i admit im NOT a fan of matte lipsticks but i sooo love the color. but, for P1450, i think it’s a wee too expensive.
overall, i think because of the color, the opaque-ness and the longevity, i will give it a 4 star.
since this is really a “splurge”, i urge you to try it on at NARS counters prior to buying. but it really is truly a nice color 🙂
Aside from my haul at the supersale bazaar, i also got the following products from rustans essences and tony moly. Yes, i am in a spending mode – it’s just one of those days when you want to bury you sorrow by shopping. Naks senti-drama! Lol
Anywayyyyyy before this post gets tooo dramatic, here’s a pic of what i got:
in no particular order:
tony moly face sponges (which im planning to use on the body hahaha)
laura mercier mineral loose powder in rich vanilla (for setting makeup)
NARS blush in gaeity (limited edition – spring collection) – what a LOVELY blush! i’ve tried it on several times and can’t believe how nice it looked on me!!! it’s a pale bright pink (almost pastel-ly) which i NEVER thought would work for my skin type! 🙂
NARS eyeshadow in Lhasa (lavender gray eyeshadow)
NARS pure matte lipstick in Valparaiso
Stila creme blush in Peony
Tony Moly Eyebrow Pencils – which I love! better than MAC’s and cheap too!
Revlon Just Bitten Lipstains – i am absolutely obsessed (OBSESSED) with lipstains right now! i think they are perfect for summer – think waterproof! 🙂 you can go swimming, have fun during bbq, have some drinks and the color will still be there! 🙂
trying out some of the products at the moment. will post reviews as soon as i can 🙂
what about you? any new hauls! share please – i love hauls hehe 😉