Posts Tagged ‘smashbox’
hi gals!!! im back! i had such a great time in Cebu and Davao! can’t believe that my one week holiday is over! boohoo… but i had a blast! i will create a blog about our cebu vacation and will post that on my other site 🙂
for now, i just wanted to share what i usually pack when i go on a vacation. although i am a certified makeup junkie, i tend to get lazy when im on a vacation. usually ill just put on blush and be on my way. but i do take a few things with me “just in case”. 😀
so here’s a low-down of what i pack and take with me (note: the brand / color may differ, but most of the time, the type of makeup i bring is the same)
1. makeup brushes / laura mercier brush set – i love this set for traveling! most the the brushes are double-ended so i get two brushes in one! i got this as a gift for my birthday last year 🙂
2. concealer / garnier skin naturals light bb instant fairness bb eye roll-on (P299)- i got this when we dropped by watson’s in cebu… i didn’t think that i would like it but i must say it does a great job in covering my dark circles! will do a complete review soon. (yes yes, i have a looonngg backlog of reviews to do. sorry sorry!)
3. eyebrow pencil or dark eyeshadow / bobbi brown metallic eyeshadow in java – got this waaayyy back when i was still living in singapore and i forgot how much it costs (i think more or less P1200). i like this shadow because i can use it as my eyebrow shade, eyeshadow or eyeliner 🙂 multi-purpose products are a must when you’re going on a trip.
4. eyeshadow / MAC mix&match eye shadow (P1200) – i’m into goldish-orange eyeshadows now so i decided to bring this one… usually, ill pack one or two eyeshadows which i think will coordinate (does NOT have to match) with most of the clothes that i’ll bring. i actually ended using the lighter shade more. just a sweep of color on my lids and eyeliner! :p
5. powder blush / tarte amazonian clay blush – since i know that i will be visiting a very humid place, i opted to bring a matte and long-lasting blush so that i don’t have to touch up my face during the day. (not a fan of touching up my face, most especially when it’s all greasy from facial oil or perspiration)
6. cream or blush stain / smashbox cream cheek duo – OR most of the time, i just put on a cream / stain blush because it’s easier to apply. if i want my blush to stick around longer, a trick i do is i apply my cream blush and then apply powder blush on top (for longer lasting power :))
7. tinted moisturizer / laura mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer – i tend to stray away from my liquid foundations when im going on a vacation because (i) it’s not easy to bring around, most of my liquid foundations are in a bottle and i always worry that it might break when i put it in my luggage! or (ii) i just couldn’t be bothered :p that’s what i like about tinted moisturizers, i just apply and blend with my fingers and im done! fast.easy.convenient.
8. powder foundation / pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup – another product that i am loving! again, will post a separate review on this… but the reason i bring a powder foundation is for those times when i feel that i need extra coverage or for those times when we suddenly decide that we want to eat at a fancy restaurant… :p
9. waterproof eyeliner / makeup forever aqua eyes waterproof eyeliner pencil – waterproof is the magic word 🙂 humid weather is the number one enemy of all eyeliners… so it’s best to bring around the best smudge-proof eyeliner you have.
so there you have it! 🙂 hope you liked this post. please feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions / comments.
will be doing back to back reviews soon. i have sooo many things to review! :S
good night everyone! and i hope you have a great week ahead!
went to beauty bar yesterday with NO plans of buying… but ended up with these:
for the thebalm products, got 15% off because of their promo last month 🙂
will do a detailed review of each product, so watch out for it! 🙂