Posts Tagged ‘semi-precious’
Posted August 3, 2011on:
Inspired by the naturally beautiful form & mystery of ethically mined minerals from Brazil, these Mineralize formulas get richer with the infusion of four finely milled gems. Like any limited edition, these elements start off rare & tend to get rarer!
sounds interesting right??? i first glimpsed this collection from the mac website – and i couldn’t for this collection to come to manila! the eyeshadows look amazing. i went to the MAC store as soon as i got the text from krisha (of MAC edsa shang) 😀
out of the collection, i only got the 3 eyeshadows that really caught my eye. sadly, at P1250 a pop, i couldn’t afford anything more! teehee.
i have already road tested these eyeshadow for almost 2 weeks and here are my thoughts:
what i like:
1. i cannot over-emphasize that the colors are just BEAUTIFUL! i love all three colors although i think rare find is easily dupe-able.
2. all three colors are easy to apply and blend.
3. golden gaze is soft and almost feels velvety! i looove it! 🙂
4. you can wear these colors alone or paired with other eyeshadows (like dark brown or black to add intensity and depth)
5. though it’s P1250 a pot, i think it’s well worth it. i can’t even imagine ever hitting the pan with these!!!
what i don’t like:
1. lasting power is not as good as the original MAC eyeshadows. i find that these disappear faster.
2. pigmentation is not as good as well. these are best applied wet.
3. tends to have fall outs 😦
mrskendz’ verdict: recommended
having said all that, i would definitely recommend getting faux gold and golden gaze because i find the colors too beautiful to pass! however, i would pass on rare find because im sure there are better eyeshadows out there that are cheaper but have better quality.
there are other eyeshadows in the collection, go check them out and see if you’ll like the other colors. as far as eyeshadows go, i think MAC is still one of the best in the makeup industry 🙂
that’s it for now! will be posting a series of makeup application tips next! 😀
i posted a pic in my personal account in FB yesterday and i can’t believe the amount of likes it got! 😀
here’s the picture: (i forgot to bring my camera so i had to use my BB! sowee)
Face: TheBalm Face Primer, Makeup Forever HD foundation, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural (to set foundation), TheBalm TimeBalm in medium, MAC brow pencil in Brunette, Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Java (used as eyebrow shader), NARS Laguna bronzer (contour), Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Natural Beauty, TheBalm Mary-lou Manizer
Eyes: MAC eyeshadows in Patina, Rice Paper and Golden Gaze (semi-precious collection), Nars Cordura, Bobbi Brown Caviar ink gel eyeliner, Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Lips: MAC Cosmo lipstick and clear lipglass
1. Apply foundation all over face, concentrating on areas which need more coverage. (i used beauty blender to apply MUFE HD foundation)
2. Apply timebalm concealer to lighten dark circles and to cover blemishes.
3. Set with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.
4. Apply Patina all over the lids.
5. Apply Rice Paper at the inner corners of your eye.
6. Apply the darker shade of Cordura on the crease and a little bit over the crease (to emphasize the color). Blend well.
7. Apply Golden Gaze to the outer corners of the eyes. Tip: Draw an inverted V or > at the corner of the eyes then blend blend blend! Also, apply to the outer half of your lower lashes (to emphasize the shape of your eyes)
8. Apply eyeliner on your top lashes, wing out a bit for more drama.
9. Waterline your eyes (top and bottom).
10. Fix your eyebrows, i emphasized the arch of my brows to (hopefully) make my face look leaner.
11. Curl your lashes and apply mascara!
12. Contour your face by applying bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks. Tip: do the fish face and look for the part of your face that is sucked in. that’s the hollow of your cheeks!
13. Apply blush to the apples of your cheek. Since i am going for the smokey eye effect, i applied a very natural looking blush to balance out the look.
14. Optional: Lightly apply powder to blend the bronzer and blush and to set your makeup. If you want a dewy look, you can skip this step.
15. Apply lipstick of your choice. Again, I opted for a natural looking lip color, you want to highlight only one area of your face and not all
16. Apply lipgloss in the middle of your bottom lips and smack your lips together. This will give you the illusion of fuller lips!
i really like this kind of look although it does take a lot of work, especially the eye makeup! 😀
BTW the dress, i got from mango :p
hope you guys liked this look!